June 2017: Typical Summertime WX To End Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
djmike

Wow models sure zoned in to Central LA. Might end up high and dry and HOTT here in SETX. Was atleast hoping for some of that rain.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
bbadon

I would expect the watches/warning to go up where the most immediate threat is. Then they will move as the threat moves. In other words I would expect watches/warning for most of LA as early as this afternoon when they initiate a pts statement. Not a forecast just a thought.
DoctorMu

tireman4 wrote:Some of the models are saying Upper Texas Coast ( Canadian, UKMET, ECMWF, NAM). Goodness knows where, if or when this even happens.
I don't remember an environment like this before. Blowing up just off the Yucatan. Could be an upper level high forming over the western Gulf.

Nice split between the SW ridge and semi-Bermuda high.

Last edited by DoctorMu on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Until ( and the pro mets can chime in here) there is a fixed low, I would caution anyone to rely solely on the models. Let us get a fixed low and the models have extrapolated all the data from the plane currently in route before making clear statements. Just a caution. This could rain maker from Texas to Florida.
DoctorMu

tireman4 wrote:Until ( and the pro mets can chime in here) there is a fixed low, I would caution anyone to rely solely on the models. Let us get a fixed low and the models have extrapolated all the data from the plane currently in route before making clear statements. Just a caution. This could rain maker from Texas to Florida.

Yeah, just get your popcorn out and sit back. If circulation gets under a potential high forming in the Western Gulf it could get interesting. Trough and shear guarding the gate right now though...
Last edited by DoctorMu on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texaspirate11

Its the lumbering lumux...
seems like its been going on for weeks...oh wait....

I guess by tonight, as srain stated, we'll get real information.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
davidiowx

BUT BUT I wanna know now!! :lol: :lol: Uggh the anxiousness is stressful :?
DoctorMu

Info to come soon...

2 recon planes scheduled to fly on 2 June systems simultaneously across 2 days! Believe that is unprecedented in modern times (for June)

https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/ ... 4125168641
jasons2k

DoctorMu wrote:
tireman4 wrote:Until ( and the pro mets can chime in here) there is a fixed low, I would caution anyone to rely solely on the models. Let us get a fixed low and the models have extrapolated all the data from the plane currently in route before making clear statements. Just a caution. This could rain maker from Texas to Florida.
Yeah, just get your popcorn out and sit back. If circulation gets under a potential high forming in the Western Gulf it could get interesting. Trough and shear guarding the gate right now though...
There is an ULL in the Western Gulf, and the gyre is entrained in its SE flank, with lots of shear. That's why the convection is lined-up like that in the Gulf, it's being all sheared off. It's a typical June slopfest. It will probably remain very disorganized but there MAY be an opportunity for it to try to make a run at intensification before landfall, if the ULL can slingshot it around and then ventilate it. But it has to be in the right spot within low relative shear to take off.

RE: Claudette -- 2003

Not saying it will happen - still too early for that call, but it's something to watch. Still like the Euro but was surprised it shifted that much in one run. It may just be re-setting and locking-in now with the low clearing the Yucatan. Sometimes it will do that.
Last edited by jasons2k on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott747

This isn't a 'fixed low' type of system and may not tighten up for another day. I think recon will have a hard time finding a definitive center. This is the perfect setup for the new system and issuing watches/warnings before it's upgradable.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Scott747 wrote:This isn't a 'fixed low' type of system and may not tighten up for another day. I think recon will have a hard time finding a definitive center. This is the perfect setup for the new system and issuing watches/warnings before it's upgradable.
Sorry about that. I was just asking folks not to rely solely on the models.....the rain will be the story of this system.
Scott747

No worries.

However we are in the window where the models are doing a pretty good job of zeroing in a a 'landfall' point. I haven't checked what the latest tvcn track is, but would guess the first track will be close to that with the brunt of the action to the e.

0z runs should give a better idea with the additional data from recon.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Scott747 wrote:No worries.

However we are in the window where the models are doing a pretty good job of zeroing in a a 'landfall' point. I haven't checked what the latest tvcn track is, but would guess the first track will be close to that with the brunt of the action to the e.

0z runs should give a better idea with the additional data from recon.

Agreed.
jasons2k

Scott747 wrote:This isn't a 'fixed low' type of system and may not tighten up for another day. I think recon will have a hard time finding a definitive center. This is the perfect setup for the new system and issuing watches/warnings before it's upgradable.
Good to see you around these parts :-) You watching this one from the front porch?
Scott747

jasons wrote:
Good to see you around these parts :-) You watching this one from the front porch?
lol

I haven't been on a chase since Gustav and so desperate that I might get off the porch and drive a few hours for a 50 kt system.
Texaspirate11

Is there dry air coming off the coast of Texas or are my eyes fooling?
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan Maue‏Verified account @RyanMaue · 26m26 minutes ago
Entire basket of EPS ensembles (12z) taking western route to spin off coast of Texas during next 2-days --> Gulf of Mexico tropical system.
06192017 12Z EC EPS Ryan Maue DCtR4ZlU0AIxGbh.jpg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
jasons2k

Texaspirate11 wrote:Is there dry air coming off the coast of Texas or are my eyes fooling?
Sorta, but most of the dry air is entrained in the ULL in the Western GOM.
jasons2k

srainhoutx wrote:Ryan Maue‏Verified account @RyanMaue · 26m26 minutes ago
Entire basket of EPS ensembles (12z) taking western route to spin off coast of Texas during next 2-days --> Gulf of Mexico tropical system.

Ding Ding - we have a winner.
unome

• Information