July 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
MontgomeryCoWx
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Magnolia, TX
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by MontgomeryCoWx » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:15 pm

DoctorMu wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:11 pm
Cromagnum wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:28 pm
Let's just skip this month and August altogether. Already know that both are going to suck.

Amen. Just skip to football season.
A-FRICKIN-MEN
Team #NeverSummer

User avatar
djmike
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: BEAUMONT, TX
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by djmike » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pm

70% chance of rain and showers Tomorrow for Beaumont according to KFDM and KBMT and NWS at 60%. I cant believe Im saying this but I dont want anymore right now. Hopefully you guys in Houston will be the winners of this percentage.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by jasons2k » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:32 pm

There had been a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and now it’s down to 30%.

If you had asked me a week ago if we would be getting rain this week I would have said “yes, finally, it looks like a sure thing”

A week TC or low landfalling WEST of here was supposed to finally deliver. Nope, just another Lucy.

User avatar
Ptarmigan
Statistical Specialist
Statistical Specialist
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Ptarmigan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:13 pm

Cromagnum wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:28 pm
Let's just skip this month and August altogether. Already know that both are going to suck.
I will take the cooler weather any day. 8-)

user:null
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by user:null » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 pm

Honestly, yeah. I'm tired of Beaumont/Louisiana constantly cashing in on these floods: there, I said it.

It honestly drives one crazy, as if its some magical wall right at the state line. It would at least make sense if it was some sort of mountainous rain shadow — but no, it's pure flat land, meaning it literally makes no physical sense why Houston keeps losing out these rain battles with Beaumont.

I'm just sick and tired of this crap year-after-year. It felt a lot easier to get rain in the 2000s compared to the 2010s (as well as 2020s so far).

user:null
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by user:null » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:28 pm

jasons2k wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:50 am
My 0.00” streak at the home base continues. My house sitters have been watering all week, again!!!

Great weather down here in Florida. Light winds. Almost no waves. Crystal clear water. Daily light show just after sunset with the east coast sea breeze coming across. Heaven…
Definitely heavenly.

That said, I think that there are other factors beyond ridging that allows Florida to get more rain than Texas during summer. The reason I say that is because I've seen model run after run, as well as radars, and Florida will have sea-breeze rainstorms show up even when H5 heights are as high as 594, whereas even the slightest hint of ridging over Texas (even weak 588 or 591) is enough to shut down everything.

user:null
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by user:null » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm

jasons2k wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:32 pm
There had been a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and now it’s down to 30%.

If you had asked me a week ago if we would be getting rain this week I would have said “yes, finally, it looks like a sure thing”

A week TC or low landfalling WEST of here was supposed to finally deliver. Nope, just another Lucy.
Would landfalling even have mattered, given that it never reached depression status?

user:null
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by user:null » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:42 pm

On a brighter note, the 18z features a MUCH better pattern evolution than all the previous runs for today — keeps the worst heat away from Texas, and the pattern set-up as far as ridge location is more ideal in ensuring better moisture over Texas (i.e. for sea-breeze storms and more).

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:18 pm

If you are also parched and thinking about relief...this one's for you.
Attachments
IMG_3743.jpeg
IMG_3782.jpeg
100_1821.jpg
100_1821.jpg (54.48 KiB) Viewed 407 times
100_1858.jpg
100_1858.jpg (67.84 KiB) Viewed 407 times

Stratton20
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:34 pm

Man I hope we get some more of that fun stuff this winter, beats this miserable heat wave any day😆😆

Post Reply