June Ends - Hottest on Record

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
redneckweather

I will believe it when I see it. I

On another note, I pee'd off my back porch yesterday evening and it evaporated before hitting the ground. Pretty cool!
jasons2k

Maybe we can get something...the cloud bases here are getting dark, a few storms are popping on radar, and we have a sea breeze today that is now advancing inland. We'll see....
jasons2k

Been looking at a few different satellite loops and I think there's a shot at decent coverage on the north side of town. It looks like the sea breeze is moving inland and an outflow boundary is dropping down from the north. They are poised to merge to create some storms...
jasons2k

Ed Mahmoud wrote: Cool seeing the bay breeze off Galveston Bay, shaped like the bay, advancing inward
Yes, it is :)

And earlier today there were black holes (no clouds) over Lakes Conroe and Livingston...I suppose only us weather geeks appreciate such things.
unome

David's pretty exited about it ! http://www.khou.com/video?id=124699449&sec=548357
jasons2k

Maybe we can see something!?!?!? The storms yesterday *tried* to get going but they fizzled just as fast as they went up.

The cumulus field is now expanding...but I'm just not optimistic. Maybe when I visit Florida soon I'll remember what rain looks like.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think chances Sunday and Monday are a little better regarding some scattered showers/storms. The models are suggesting lowering heights and better chances of some sea breeze activity. Later next week things may get a bit interesting with a surge of deep tropical moisture heading into the Gulf with a robust wave. Fingers crossed.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Kludge

It appears that a few storms are starting to build in East Texas and drift this way. Hope they can hold together.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

A lucky few are seeing some scattered showers...
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Portastorm

As an addendum to June ... and adding insult to injury ... June 2011 was the second hottest month on record at Austin's Camp Mabry site and the fourth hottest on record at the airport.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/jun ... 76154.html
  • Information