February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jeff, will deicing start tomorrow for our roadways?
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

Wow, very interesting update Jeff. I'm going to hold back my excitement for a day longer. I have just gotten the shaft in my parts way too many times.

On another note, I am already at 25.5 here just south of Lake Conroe Dam. I went outside when I got home from work, got a goof fire going outside and enjoyed the warmth of it as the icy wind cut through the pines. The smell of oak wood burning on a cold night is darn near euphoric.
Last edited by redneckweather on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txflagwaver

32.7 Here...guess i WILL be the crazy lady with the pretty plants in the yard...:)
PaulEInHouston

League city cking in at 34.5 and falling quickly.

Big question, considering not just what we are going thru, but entire country...where the heck is Al Gore?? :lol:
Last edited by PaulEInHouston on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biggerbyte

Hey Paul, and everyone. Yes, I am coming aboard the SS Snow ship. It seems as if Jeff has as well. I suspect Wxman57 will sometime tonight after further checking current data. Tonight, things look more interesting for a larger portion of S.E. Texas. Winter Storm watches will likely go up for the area before Thursday morning. Due to the more northerly projected path of our "trigger", and more moisture coming into play further inland, there is potential for some serious winter business.

Hey, look at it this way. My keeping it real has brought us this far. Why should I give up all control now, and have this event halt in its tracks. Reverse psychology works wonders sometimes... Lol

We will confirm this change in thinking Wednesday afternoon.
This could end up being an historic event, folks. Get those cameras and movie cameras ready..
I have a new iPhone 4, which shoots great photos, and 720P hi def video. It will be used to film my snowman dancing in the streets with all the joy and rapture of its creator.

Enjoy!
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I hear ya redneckweather. I too have been burned many times by excitement of a Winter weather event that failed to materialize. Cant complain though after the 2004 coastal snow as have said many times. I hope for once we all get a decent snow
unome

from HPC http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/pwpf_24hr/ ... obs_sn.php
- 24-hour forecast valid 00Z February 4, 2011 through 00Z February 5, 2011

24-Hour Probability of Snow Accumulating ≥ 1"

24-Hour Probability of Freezing Rain Accumulating ≥ .01 inch"

Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hey PaulEInHouston I am in the Rustic Oaks/Magnolia Creeks area of League City. The weather station has just fallen to 33F
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

26.7F and dropping at my location.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
PaulEInHouston

Katdaddy wrote:Hey PaulEInHouston I am in the Rustic Oaks/Magnolia Creeks area of League City. The weather station has just fallen to 33F
Hey...south shore harbour here...cool, a neighbor. Have seen your site too via wxunderground and your website. :D Looks like we are in sync on temps.
Last edited by PaulEInHouston on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wxman666

biggerbyte wrote:Hey Paul, and everyone. Yes, I am coming aboard the SS Snow ship. It seems as if Jeff has as well. I suspect Wxman57 will sometime tonight after further checking current data. Tonight, things look more interesting for a larger portion of S.E. Texas. Winter Storm watches will likely go up for the area before Thursday morning. Due to the more northerly projected path of our "trigger", and more moisture coming into play further inland, there is potential for some serious winter business.

Hey, look at it this way. My keeping it real has brought us this far. Why should I give up all control now, and have this event halt in its tracks. Reverse psychology works wonders sometimes... Lol

We will confirm this change in thinking Wednesday afternoon.
This could end up being an historic event, folks. Get those cameras and movie cameras ready..
I have a new iPhone 4, which shoots great photos, and 720P hi def video. It will be used to film my snowman dancing in the streets with all the joy and rapture of its creator.

Enjoy!
I will be using my iPhone 4 as well....only camera I need! :D
Ready for severe weather season!!
Baseballdude2915

Katdaddy wrote:Hey PaulEInHouston I am in the Rustic Oaks/Magnolia Creeks area of League City. The weather station has just fallen to 33F
I'm about 1 mile from the Weather Service Radar in League City on 646.
Current temp is 33.1
Cool to have a few members so close.
wxman666

28 in Cypress wind chill is 16.
Ready for severe weather season!!
ronyan

32.9 here, continues to drop at a good pace. :)
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yes we are Paul. Expecting 32F any minute. I have some minor web updates to clean up but having webcam issues with a new wireless router. Webcam keeps loosing its IP but has good connectivity. I will figure out before hurricane season
Rich

31.4 Here in Pearland
jabcwb2

Good evening, everyone!

I tried to follow off and on at work, but was just way too busy to keep up with all the chatter on here. So from what I gather, 1" of snow north of I-10 and 2-3" south of I-10? Spring, TX gets snow for sure, then?
cisa

i'm afraid to get excited, ya know?
No rain, no rainbows.
PaulEInHouston

jabcwb2 wrote:Good evening, everyone!

I tried to follow off and on at work, but was jsut way too busy to keep up with all the chatter on here. So from what I gather, 1" of snow north of I-10 and 2-3" south of I-10? Spring, TX gets snow for sure, then?
Pretty much a given Southeast Tx will see some snow. As for where and how much, still too early to tell. Tomorrow will easier to better define, but still a crapshoot. Slight variations in storm track can dramatically affect the whens and wheres...
Last edited by PaulEInHouston on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information