November 2023

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
MontgomeryCoWx

jasons2k wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:04 am Weaklings. I’m adding more reinforcements to the Red River wall.
I could toss that right back at ya. ;) I can run in 0 degrees or 100. I know which one I’m running faster in and I know which one can kill me if I’m not careful. Hint: heat will kill ya much faster.
Team #NeverSummer
MontgomeryCoWx

DoctorMu wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:17 pm The highs aren't the issue. Lows of mid-60s or above for November are unacceptable. DP will be too high.

The Euro is still on board some cooler air around the 10th. We'll see.
Yeah, I’m glad I will be in the upper Midwest next Tuesday-Wednesday. Those look like the two worst days. I come back to 79 on Thursday then not another 70 degree temp for a week (at least). Highs in the 60s and lows around 50.
Team #NeverSummer
don

As others have already mentioned.Models are showing the possibility of a heavy rain setup around the 10-12th.As a coastal trough develops in response to a Upper level low over the west.Models also show a stalled frontal boundary, and a noisy subtropical jet.Something to watch but still a ways out.
MontgomeryCoWx

don wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:13 pm As others have already mentioned.Models are showing the possibility of a heavy rain setup around the 10-12th.As a coastal trough develops in response to a Upper level low over the west.Models also show a stalled frontal boundary, and a noisy subtropical jet.Something to watch but still a ways out.
I need the tank to fill back up. This recent rain was soaking, but too spread out and light to fill the tank back up much. Give me 10 inches over two days.
Team #NeverSummer
Cpv17

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:38 pm
don wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:13 pm As others have already mentioned.Models are showing the possibility of a heavy rain setup around the 10-12th.As a coastal trough develops in response to a Upper level low over the west.Models also show a stalled frontal boundary, and a noisy subtropical jet.Something to watch but still a ways out.
I need the tank to fill back up. This recent rain was soaking, but too spread out and light to fill the tank back up much. Give me 10 inches over two days.
Hell yeah, now we’re talking!
jasons2k

We’re hosting about 30 people this evening/tonight for my son’s 14th birthday. The weather is perfect so needless to say, it will be an outdoor party. The grill is going, pool heated, music on. Doesn’t get any better.
Cpv17

The WPC is beginning to increase rain totals across our area for late next week. Operationals and ensembles both look pretty good as well. Great sign so far!
Cromagnum

Leave it to my Aggies to screw up a beautiful day by dropping yet another game.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Flames are winning in a shootout. Warmer temperatures tomorrow
Cpv17

Cromagnum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:15 pm Leave it to my Aggies to screw up a beautiful day by dropping yet another game.
I never expected them to win that game. I’ve found that if you set up your expectations realistically then when you lose it won’t hurt as much. I mean let’s be honest, coming into the game they lost 8 straight road games and were facing the number 10 team in the nation. They did amazing to make it as close as they did.
Stratton20

Cpv17 not surprised it was close, that #10 for ole miss is largely misleading because while they have a great offense, their defense is absolutely abysmal, granted a&ms defense was dog water today
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 am Cpv17 not surprised it was close, that #10 for ole miss is largely misleading because while they have a great offense, their defense is absolutely abysmal, granted a&ms defense was dog water today
They won’t be good till they clean house. They don’t have the right mentality to be an elite team. Texas has suffered from this same problem too for several years. Bad soft culture. Players let their 5 star rankings go to their heads and think they don’t have to work for it. Can’t win with guys like that.
Cromagnum

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:10 pm
Cromagnum wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:15 pm Leave it to my Aggies to screw up a beautiful day by dropping yet another game.
I never expected them to win that game. I’ve found that if you set up your expectations realistically then when you lose it won’t hurt as much. I mean let’s be honest, coming into the game they lost 8 straight road games and were facing the number 10 team in the nation. They did amazing to make it as close as they did.
I was a freshman in 1999 so missed the Big XII Title run. We have been mediocre to completely irrelevant ever since, with the exception of Sumlin's first year with a stacked roster and the covid year where we managed 9-1 with Jimbo. Whomever makes the contracts, especially the ones who put up ludicrous extensions for underperforming coaches, all need to be shown the door. Trust me, my expectation is that we will always be like this.
Cpv17

Cromagnum wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:32 am
Cpv17 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:10 pm
I was a freshman in 1999 so missed the Big XII Title run. We have been mediocre to completely irrelevant ever since, with the exception of Sumlin's first year with a stacked roster and the covid year where we managed 9-1 with Jimbo. Whomever makes the contracts, especially the ones who put up ludicrous extensions for underperforming coaches, all need to be shown the door. Trust me, my expectation is that we will always be like this.
I agree with you completely.
user:null

jasons2k wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:04 am Weaklings. I’m adding more reinforcements to the Red River wall.
How tall do you want it? Himalayas level?
user:null

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:53 pm The WPC is beginning to increase rain totals across our area for late next week. Operationals and ensembles both look pretty good as well. Great sign so far!
Yep. I normally don't care for rain outside of summer ... but after the dry spell, I'm looking forward to any good soakings.
DoctorMu

Next FROPA on schedule for Thursday evening.

Jimbo is getting fat off A&M. He's as soft as the 5* team. They need Leopold from Kansas, Peterson from Washington, or Dan Lanning from Oregon. O&G $ > Nike $.

The offense wasn't terrible but then Ole Miss' defense is not very good.

Durkin gave away 550 yds or so of offense. You'd think he could game plan for Lane Kiffin.
Last edited by DoctorMu on Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorMu

Fire John Sharp and Jimbo.

Overhaul the culture.

Back to the forecast. There's a chance:

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Houston/Galveston TX
243 PM CST Sun Nov 5 2023

...New SHORT TERM, LONG TERM, MARINE...

.SHORT TERM...
(This evening through Monday Night)
Issued at 243 PM CST Sun Nov 5 2023

Visible satellite showing a field of cumulus and altocumulus clouds
over the area this afternoon, indicative of some instability and
upward motion happening in the mid-levels. Closer to the surface,
high pressure looming over the area will result in a generally rain-
free environment, temperatures on the warm side, and increasing
humidity as winds remain out of the SE. Could see a few sprinkles
make it to the surface; however, given the dryness in the lower
levels, may end up as nothing more than virga.

The ridge will continue moving off to the east during the short-term
period, resulting in SW flow aloft and some embedded disturbances
within the synoptic pattern. Kept PoPs on the low/nil end since PWAT
values have been slow to rise and the environment remains on the
drier side.

Fog may be an issue again tonight into Monday morning; however, with
high clouds moving in, may not be as much of a concern as it has
been the last couple of nights. Generally expecting visibilities in
the 3-5sm range across the western CWA. Lows tonight will be a bit
warmer with temperatures in the low to mid 60s, and a few locations
dropping into the upper 50s.

Monday will features more warm and humid weather, similar to today.
Highs will be in the upper 70s to lower 80s across much of the area
with lows in the mid to upper 60s. Areas along the coast could touch
the low 70s.

Adams

&&

.LONG TERM...
(Tuesday through next Saturday)
Issued at 243 PM CST Sun Nov 5 2023

With south winds persisting across the area, look for a couple more
warm early November afternoons (Tuesday`s and Wednesday`s highs mainly
in the mid to upper 80s which are close to ten degrees above normal).
Mid to upper 60s (more upper than mid) look to be the morning lows
for both Tuesday night and Wednesday night. The onshore flow will
help to boost moisture levels as we head on into Thursday, and that
is when rain chances come back into the forecast. Generally looking
at increasing rain chances as the day progresses (more clouds and
the return of rain means slightly cooler high temperatures in a mid
70s to lower 80s range) along with the entrance of our next cold front.
The current forecast has this front entering the Brazos Valley and
Piney Woods area in the afternoon and not moving off the coast until
late Thursday night or early Friday morning. This slowish speed in
combination with precipitable water values above two inches and the
right entrance region of the jet stream aloft could become supportive
of some locally heavy rainfall,
with the best opportunity for this
to happen currently looking like the Thursday night through early
Friday morning time period.
Cooler more November like temperatures
(lows mainly in the 50s and highs mainly in the 60s) will come back
to the area behind this front as we close out the week and head on
into the weekend. Models continue to show pretty significant differences
for the end of the week and upcoming weekend regarding rains and clouds,
so will continue to lean with a general blend that is not as wet as
one solution and not as dry as another. Expect a better handle on this
part of the forecast over the next couple of days.

Cpv17

DoctorMu wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:32 pm Next FROPA on schedule for Thursday evening.

Jimbo is betting fat off A&M. He's as soft as the 5* team. They need Leopold from Kansas, Peterson from Washington, or Dan Lanning from Oregon. O&G $ > Nike $.

The offense wasn't terrible but then Ole Miss' defense is not very good.

Durkin gave away 550 yds or so of offense. You'd think he could game plan for Lane Kiffin.
Todd Monken would be a good one but not sure he’d wanna leave an NFL OC job to be a HC in college. At least I think he would be a good one. Great proven track record.

Texans! Damn, what a freaking game! Might’ve been about the best Texans game I can remember watching.
DoctorMu

Stratton20 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 am Cpv17 not surprised it was close, that #10 for ole miss is largely misleading because while they have a great offense, their defense is absolutely abysmal, granted a&ms defense was dog water today
The SEC is way down this year. The defenses are closer to Pac-12 or Big 12.
  • Information