July 2019: Warming Trend/Slight Chances For Rain

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
djmike

Finally seeing the outer most western rain band of barry in Beaumont Tx. Small training of some pretty strong storms happening now.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cpv17

CPC forecast was death today. Hope it’s wrong.
davidiowx

djmike wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 pm Finally seeing the outer most western rain band of barry in Beaumont Tx. Small training of some pretty strong storms happening now.
Is the rain heavy, like massive rain drops, or just a standard shower? Curious to hear if these bands will be dumping rain or just spitting on us lol
bdog38

i hope that eye doesn't (does lol) form to west or it will be at our doorstep in morning
skidog48
djmike

Oh they are massive. At first i had to make sure it wasnt hail falling. Gusty winds in these too. 36 gust in the first cell. Lightning is pretty crazy too. Not sure about Houston-Galveston but clouds here have been moving at a fast pace. Reminds me of harvey! The cloud movement that is.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
bdog38

eye
eye
skidog48
Samantha550

Pretty dark on the west end of Beaumont. Yesterday and today definitely were not our average afternoon rain storms. It’s pouring right now.
djmike

Another hefty cell coming across now. Heavy drops. Lightning and 37gust so far. Still overhead.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
djmike

Weird. In between these training cells, winds come back to a northern light breeze...these just feel tropical and much diff than your everyday sea breeze pop up showers.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
bdog38

looks closer to Texas than louisiana
Attachments
storm.jpg
skidog48
djmike

Not implying anything, but NWSLC added back the “tropical storm conditions possible” descript/icon for tomorrow for us in Beaumont. Wasnt there all day today. Popped up last hour.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
davidiowx

Thanks for the real time reports!

One thing I find kind of odd, I have bird feeders and a bird bath, I always have birds around eating/drinking 6-8ish and they are no where in sight right now and haven’t been all evening. Probably an anomaly and nothing, but it’s a little odd if you’d ask me.
djmike

davidiowx wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm Thanks for the real time reports!

One thing I find kind of odd, I have bird feeders and a bird bath, I always have birds around eating/drinking 6-8ish and they are no where in sight right now. Probably an anomaly and nothing, but it’s a little odd if you’d ask me.
Sooo strange you mention that! I noticed an hour ago i had ducks on our electric poles! Ducks!! Strange. Also saw seagulls flying overhead. Here in Beaumont you don’t usually see them this far inland. More like Port arthur. Anyway, so twice in the last hour 2 strange happenings. To me atleast! Lol
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Sxlty.Ash

djmike wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:44 pm
davidiowx wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm Thanks for the real time reports!

One thing I find kind of odd, I have bird feeders and a bird bath, I always have birds around eating/drinking 6-8ish and they are no where in sight right now. Probably an anomaly and nothing, but it’s a little odd if you’d ask me.
Sooo strange you mention that! I noticed an hour ago i had ducks on our electric poles! Ducks!! Strange. Also saw seagulls flying overhead. Here in Beaumont you don’t usually see them this far inland. More like Port arthur. Anyway, so twice in the last hour 2 strange happenings. To me atleast! Lol
I actually noticed something similar as well. We usually have a bunch of birds and lizards that my cats love to stalk through the windows. But it’s been a few days since we’ve seen any of the birds or lizards. It’s very strange.
Texaspirate11

i wanted to post a picture of barry but couldn't - it looks like its splitting in two right now - very strange.

okay i posted the link to goes....

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/
Last edited by Texaspirate11 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
Texaspirate11

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

does anyone know what this means???
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
stormlover

Getting bigger!!! Expanding
djmike

STrange to see the outer most western band over out area from barry looks to be the healthiest and true band so far that barry has spit out. I would have guessed youd see a strong healthy band like this on the E/SE side...everything else from FL to LA just looks like blobs of moisture. I even noticed the moisture field entering LA from the SE seems to be losing its moisture as it travels NW.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cromagnum

Looks like mitosis.
djmike

Yes its a huge system! Moisture from FL to TX and this hasn’t even turned to H status yet... makes me wonder if we see more rain than expected. Ofcourse still nothing like CLA. They will still get hammered.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
  • Information