July 2019: Warming Trend/Slight Chances For Rain

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Rip76

Recent recon data suggests that #Barry is resuming slight pressure falls, down to 1003mb.Light easterlies showing up south of 28N, indicating a SW nudge to the centroid position. Position tonight will matter for ultimate landfall location and total time spent over the ocean. pic.twitter.com/9u2EvdSr5I
-- Levi Cowan (@TropicalTidbits) July 11, 2019
sau27

UKMET: "Guys, guys, just hear me out here - now I think I may be on to something"
Attachments
charlie.jpg
charlie.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 3562 times
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Andrew, question...that huge blob off our coast...is it slowly matriculating our way? It seems as though it is
sau27

tireman4 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm Andrew, question...that huge blob off our coast...is it slowly matriculating our way? It seems as though it is
I think its in the process of dying. Lots of outflow coming from it and its tops are getting awful wispy.
snowman65

when is the next big update?
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

4 pm...from NHC....
Texaspirate11

sau27 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm UKMET: "Guys, guys, just hear me out here - now I think I may be on to something"
iz u making fun of my ukmet? LOL
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
Texaspirate11

the uk nailed katrina....just fyi :-)
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

So far all who are wondering why the UKMET keeps pushing it west, it all has to do with upper-level ridging over the Rockies. Below, I have attached an image with the WPC forecast (purple), GFS (green), and UKMET (orange) all plotted for 60 hours out. Notice how strong and extended east the ridging over the Rockies is. No other model (including the WPC forecast) shows a 594 dam ridge from the Rockies to the SE U.S. This is what will need to be monitored over the next day to see which model is closest to the actual solution. To see this type of disparity this close to landfall is actually very amazing.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 14.52.03.png
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Pas_Bon

Texaspirate11 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm the uk nailed katrina....just fyi :-)

Those redcoats are simply trying to take America back.....don't let them fool you. This may be a Trojan horse for Lord Cornwallis and his infantry......
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

tireman4 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm Andrew, question...that huge blob off our coast...is it slowly matriculating our way? It seems as though it is
The center of the system is still slowly moving west, but there is some northerly shear to deal with so that is why you may be noticing that.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Andrew wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm So far all who are wondering why the UKMET keeps pushing it west, it all has to do with upper-level ridging over the Rockies. Below, I have attached an image with the WPC forecast (purple), GFS (green), and UKMET (orange) all plotted for 60 hours out. Notice how strong and extended east the ridging over the Rockies is. No other model (including the WPC forecast) shows a 594 dam ridge from the Rockies to the SE U.S. This is what will need to be monitored over the next day to see which model is closest to the actual solution. To see this type of disparity this close to landfall is actually very amazing.
And for UKMET to stick to its guns all along, being the outlier in many cases, is extraordinary, I think. Yeah, this will be interesting.
Texaspirate11

tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Andrew wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm So far all who are wondering why the UKMET keeps pushing it west, it all has to do with upper-level ridging over the Rockies. Below, I have attached an image with the WPC forecast (purple), GFS (green), and UKMET (orange) all plotted for 60 hours out. Notice how strong and extended east the ridging over the Rockies is. No other model (including the WPC forecast) shows a 594 dam ridge from the Rockies to the SE U.S. This is what will need to be monitored over the next day to see which model is closest to the actual solution. To see this type of disparity this close to landfall is actually very amazing.
Thank you for sharing Andrew. We appreciate that. Our Met 101 class for the day. :)
davidiowx

The ensembles all initialize at possible center locations right? Or are the ensembles just confused on where the center is? Looks like they are everywhere on that map..
djmike

Did the Euro Ensembles shift west?
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
sau27

djmike wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:45 pm Did the Euro Ensembles shift west?
Slightly, but not a ton.
davidiowx

djmike wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:45 pm Did the Euro Ensembles shift west?
Maybe a tad, if you click the link Texaspirate11 posted, you can go to the model run section and change the runs. If anything, it appears this most recent run has more of the ensembles clustered into LA.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Blob Known As Barry.....

https://i.ibb.co/swJZjjv/dssgfsdgsfdgdf.png
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Another view of Barry

https://i.imgur.com/IqD4arc.jpg
  • Information