February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
brazoria_county22

rnmm wrote:Thank you Brazoria :D Now hopefully I can get the camera to work right so I can get some pics :D
Hope you get some good pics and hope your kiddos enjoy seeing it! I'll be outisde with my nephew looking up in the sky like morons waiting to see sumthing lol :P
rnmm

LOL @ Kayci.....I guess you better head to Cancun LOL....I am with you normally on snow as I don't want to live where it does it all the time, but the kids are so excited so its hard for me not to be excited too......
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
sleetstorm

Do any of you notice that large area of tan around ninety miles east-southeast of Waco? A bunch of someones are currently getting an excellent sleetstorm.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Portastorm is thrilled. Stated he feels like a kid again. Poor guy is working and e-mailing me.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

biggerbyte wrote:
I was simply commenting on your statement that left little doubt you had our upcoming snow event in question. Maybe you should have said what you actually meant to say then???

No, I said what I meant to say. I just had to simplify it a bit. I guess that's the right thing to do for simple minded people. Wink wink! ;)
ticka1

srainhoutx wrote:Portastorm reports heavy snow now. Also seeing reports of -sn NW of Bryan.
is he doing the happy dance...he needs to get on here and make posts for us - eyewitnes accounts.....its coming this way....yeah!
don

Well FWIW the nws has put a 100% of snow/sleet for Spring today
C2G

A bunch of someones? :lol:
Wow, never know what will be typed by you, sleet.
Hey calm down or someone will be telling someone else to move soon.
Got some incredibly large egos on this forum.
nuby3

My forecast for today in The Woodlands!!

Today
Snow/Sleet
100%

Hi 40 °F

Tonight
Snow
80%
Lo 32 °F
Last edited by nuby3 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
rnmm

brazoria_county22 wrote:
rnmm wrote:Thank you Brazoria :D Now hopefully I can get the camera to work right so I can get some pics :D
Hope you get some good pics and hope your kiddos enjoy seeing it! I'll be outisde with my nephew looking up in the sky like morons waiting to see sumthing lol :P

I hope the same for you and your nephew!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Portastorm

My three-year snow drought is over!! :D

Yes indeed. It has been snowing for the last 20 minutes here in downtown Austin. The flakes initially were very large ... it is now light snow with still a little rain mixed in.

I would go outside and do a snow dance but "the man" won't let me!!
sleetstorm

There does not seem to be much good lifting at all here in southeast, nonetheless, I am very patiently waiting just like rest of you.
Last edited by sleetstorm on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sleetstorm

Cloud2ground wrote:A bunch of someones? :lol:
Wow, never know what will be typed by you, sleet.
Hey calm down or someone will be telling someone else to move soon.
Got some incredibly large egos on this forum.
It was not meant in a disrespectful or callous way, Cloud2ground.
kayci

rnmm wrote:LOL @ Kayci.....I guess you better head to Cancun LOL....I am with you normally on snow as I don't want to live where it does it all the time, but the kids are so excited so its hard for me not to be excited too......
Did you say CANCUN????
My kids are excited too, they asked if they could stay home for a 'snow day' (yeah right). As for me, I'm cooking up a big pot of Texas Red chili for tonight, and breaking out the hot cocoa for my boys. If the 'white stuff' does happen to fall tonight in Texas City, I will be observing through the window and dreaming of summer.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

PsuWNMatt wrote:After a 2 year disappearance, it's good to be back on this board during a rather interesting weather event (I'm Weathernerd17 from back in the day)....My sister up in Waco can't believe how hard it's been snowing near her...Should be interesting to see what happens in Houston later tonight...
Welcome back Matt. Great to see you! :P
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
kayci

PsuWNMatt wrote:After a 2 year disappearance, it's good to be back on this board during a rather interesting weather event (I'm Weathernerd17 from back in the day)....My sister up in Waco can't believe how hard it's been snowing near her...Should be interesting to see what happens in Houston later tonight...

MATT!!!!!!!! Welcome back! We missed you! I was just asking Dan about you a few months ago! How ya been?
AggieBuckeye

Looks like my prediction of the I-45 corridor including Buffalo and over to Crockett getting highest snowfall totals is going to be spot on.

If you're in Madison, Leon, Trinity and Houston counties, I envy you! :D
Last edited by AggieBuckeye on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rnmm

kayci wrote:
rnmm wrote:LOL @ Kayci.....I guess you better head to Cancun LOL....I am with you normally on snow as I don't want to live where it does it all the time, but the kids are so excited so its hard for me not to be excited too......
Did you say CANCUN????
My kids are excited too, they asked if they could stay home for a 'snow day' (yeah right). As for me, I'm cooking up a big pot of Texas Red chili for tonight, and breaking out the hot cocoa for my boys. If the 'white stuff' does happen to fall tonight in Texas City, I will be observing through the window and dreaming of summer.

Cancun yes I am sorry not a good place?? LOL I am making soup myself for tonight and we will be looking too LOL
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX
924 AM CST TUE FEB 23 2010

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0903 AM SNOW 1 NNW SUNSET VALLEY 30.24N 97.82W
02/23/2010 U0.0 INCH TRAVIS TX NWS EMPLOYEE

QUARTER SIZE SNOW FLAKES AT HWY 290 AND MOPAC

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wow Matt. How the heck are you? LONG time now see. Are you almost done at Penn State?
  • Information