MARCH 2018 - Pleasant Good Friday/Easter Weekend Ahead

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

I'm about to turn the sprinklers on. What a colossal bust. To add insult to injury, just got a popup on my phone from Twitter - In case you missed it: "David Tillman's photo: It looks like a wet day Monday...." Grrr.
mckinne63

I hit some very heavy rain on the beltway heading home from the office in West Houston. But than it was like I crossed a line and every thing dried up. Just barely a drizzle at the house in Stafford. And nothing since.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

HGX was worried this morning that the CAP was way too strong to break. That verified. Those lucky enough to get some rainfall, count your blessings. I'm afraid this may be a harbinger of things to come for the next couple of months.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Only a narrow line of showers and a few thunderstorms moving across SE TX this evening. Stronger storms are NE of the Houston metro area. Get ready for some awesome weather days across SE TX from tomorrow through Thursday.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 7.11.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 7.11.27 PM.png (165.84 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
Cromagnum

Why is anyone mad about lack of rain? We had a solid month of it and some of our yards are still water logged. We could do for a couple of dry weeks.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Temps in the 50s across much of SE TX with showers and scattered thunderstorms are moving across the Upper TX Coast this morning. Some additional showers and thunderstorms will be possible through the morning before the activity pushes offshore. Skies will begin to clear this afternoon with several days of cool and dry weather to end the week.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 5.21.20 AM.png
redneckweather

Yea, I'm definitely not complaining that things didn't pan out as forecasted since we have had PLENTY of rain here in Southeast, TX. My property is waterlogged and will take awhile to dry out. Jason, I highly doubt you had to turn on your sprinkler. lol
Cromagnum

Pretty good lightning display to the South towards Lake Jackson. Very angry churned up looking clouds too.
jasons2k

Cromagnum wrote:Why is anyone mad about lack of rain? We had a solid month of it and some of our yards are still water logged. We could do for a couple of dry weeks.
1) I had my yard treated yesterday and it needed to be watered-in. I was counting on that rain to do it. Rain water is ideal. My sprinkler backflow got destroyed by the freeze, even though it was drained and wrapped. I just discovered this yesterday when I went to turn it back on. So, I had to move a sprinkler around the lawn, and I have a big lawn, so it takes some work. I have to finish today.

2) Summer is coming and we’ll take what we can get. As you saw by the recent drought monitor reports, it won’t take long at all to dry us out and put us back in drought conditions. Every drop helps (to a point)...
jasons2k

redneckweather wrote:Yea, I'm definitely not complaining that things didn't pan out as forecasted since we have had PLENTY of rain here in Southeast, TX. My property is waterlogged and will take awhile to dry out. Jason, I highly doubt you had to turn on your sprinkler. lol
Had to. Had a lawn full of lawn treatments that require to be watered-in. It was timed for the big rain that never happened, so yes I was watering last night. Sprinkler system still busted from the freeze (thank you Jack Frost) so I had to do the old fashioned way with a hose and sprinkler chess.
MontgomeryCoWx

See you guys in September/October when the weather gets interesting again.

Have a nice and hopefully cool and wet Summer.
Team #NeverSummer
Texaspirate11

Nice storm by the bay. My rain gauge broke - *Harvey hangover* so I dont know how much we got
but I can verify we got a storm.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
BlueJay

We did not get enough rain on Sunday and Monday to wash the piles of pollen from the pavement and plants - but WOW what a beautiful day! Remember the Alamo today! And, go vote!
jasons2k

BlueJay wrote:We did not get enough rain on Sunday and Monday to wash the piles of pollen from the pavement and plants - but WOW what a beautiful day! Remember the Alamo today! And, go vote!
Yes, even though we didn’t get any rain at my place (not even overnight) — it is a gorgeous, beautiful day outside! I could take this weather all year.
DoctorMu

Texaspirate11 wrote:Nice storm by the bay. My rain gauge broke - *Harvey hangover* so I dont know how much we got
but I can verify we got a storm.
Our new dog ate the rain gauge (plastic)!

Gotta get a new one.

Chamber of Commerce water for sure. Dew Point of 19F. NW flow FTW! I'd like to bottle this up for year round use. I'll take a bit of drying out for now.

I think severe season is going to be active, so not so worried about rain and moisture yet...but, hey it's Texas - it's going to happen anyway! Just don't see signs of the 10 year drought re-establishing itself. Fingers crossed.

Outside weather could not be any better. Enjoy!
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looking like a rather strong early March cold front arrives as Spring Break begins. The Global guidance is suggesting well below normal temperatures early to mid next week across our Region. A rather chilly week for those that have beach plans across most of the Gulf Coast beaches is looking likely.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Chamber of Commerce weather evening across SE TX with a beautiful sunset.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 7.14.57 PM.png
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Beautiful SE TX weather continues today.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 5.24.14 AM.png
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This came from NWS Hastings, but it holds true for us as we enter the Spring 2018 season...
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tornado Safety from NWS Houston
  • Information