December 2017: End Of The Year Weather

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
snowman65

Right now I don't trust anything past 24 hours...I'll just open the door and see what's going on...lol
Last edited by snowman65 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TexasBreeze

Winter equivalent of modelling over-deepening tropical systems below 900 mb's during the summer. The new CMC "uncle in law" model I guess...
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

Well the 12z GFS was a quite entertaining run toward the end.
snowman65

mcheer23 wrote:Well the 12z GFS was a quite entertaining run toward the end.
I just saw that....must be celsius..lol
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

snowman65 wrote:

Takes SGR to 15 degrees, lol.
DoctorMu

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:I’ve only officially deemed the GFS the “crazy in law” model
GFS is only allowed to be correct 1 time or less in a winter season! ...and that token has already been used. Back to its usual Lucy and the football mode

DoctorMu

mcheer23 wrote:
snowman65 wrote:

Takes SGR to 15 degrees, lol.
Are you not entertained!?

One thing I can say is that both GFS and the Canadian have -30°F to -40°F temps building in Canada around the 28th. We'll see if that's true and where it goes...
harp

Can anyone explain the reason the Euro shows the opposite? I'm trying to understand these things. Thanks.
cperk

harp wrote:Can anyone explain the reason the Euro shows the opposite? I'm trying to understand these things. Thanks.
I don't think anyone is capable of explaining that. :)
snowman65

YAY! It's going to snow on the 29th AND the 2nd.... :lol: :lol:
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

All I have to say is... :lol:

It's fools gold. Bite at your own peril. If the last "winter storm" wasn't proof enough that the models are clueless that far out and not only lost the storm but lost the intense cold too. In fact the snow we had almost 2 weeks ago offered colder daytime highs than what we'll see this weekend and early next week.
jasons2k

I know I may be in the minority, but I am enjoying this warm SE Texas weather. It's beautiful outside, what else can I say....days like today make me glad I don't live up north. :-)
MontgomeryCoWx

jasons wrote:I know I may be in the minority, but I am enjoying this warm SE Texas weather. It's beautiful outside, what else can I say....days like today make me glad I don't live up north. :-)
Yeah I’m the exact opposite. This weather is disgusting in December. This weather is “nice” if it happened in August.
Team #NeverSummer
snowman65

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:
jasons wrote:I know I may be in the minority, but I am enjoying this warm SE Texas weather. It's beautiful outside, what else can I say....days like today make me glad I don't live up north. :-)
Yeah I’m the exact opposite. This weather is disgusting in December. This weather is “nice” if it happened in August.
DILLY DILLY!!!!
Cromagnum

MontgomeryCoWx wrote:

Truth.
sau27

18Z rolling in. Get your popcorn ready. Its already slower with the New Years-ish cold blast. But with a deeper western trough than the 12z.
BlueJay

I second that emotion! :)
sau27

Well the 18z brings some cold, but nothing too out of the ordinary and no frozen precip. Probably alot closer to reality than the 12z.
GBinGrimes

sau27 wrote:18Z rolling in. Get your popcorn ready. Its already slower with the New Years-ish cold blast. But with a deeper western trough than the 12z.
Dear GFS,
Keep projecting the cold. We'll catch up to that hour 240 mark at some point this winter.
Sincerely,
Just a guy sweating in my deer stand
ticka1

snowman65 wrote:
MontgomeryCoWx wrote:
DILLY DILLY!!!!
another who hates warm in december but there is all types of weather to please most
  • Information