Sad News

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am very sorry to report that wxman57 lost his Mom yesterday afternoon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to wxman57, his lovely wife and his family. Ms. Nola is no longer in pain and is with her Mom and siblings.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
mckinne63

I am sending my prayers and deepest sympathy to wxman57 and his family.
texoz

Very sorry to hear that, especially so close to Mother's Day.
ticka1

sending condolences and prayers to wxman and his family.
Stormrider

Sad news, indeed. Prayers and condolences to wxman and family.
davidiowx

Sorry to hear this. Prayers to wxman57 and his family.
jasons2k

Sending deepest condolences and prayers to wxman and his family.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My condolences. Prayers and thoughts for wxman57 and his family.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thank you for all of your kind words.

We were fortunate that my sister arrived before her death. She died peacefully in her bed, which is how she wanted it. Mother had been in terrible pain for the last 4 years after breaking her back. I know that she held out just long enough to see my sister before she died. The ambulance arrived about a minute or so after she passed away. We thought she'd fallen asleep. My sister produced the "DNR" (do not resuscitate) order that my mother had made last year. The last thing she would have wanted was to wake up in a hospital or a nursing home and spend the rest of her life there.

There is so much to do after a parent dies. We had to call 15-20 places/agencies. Most require a death certificate to do anything, and we won't have one for 2-3 weeks at best. Even selling her car is a big ordeal as the title isn't in my name. Fortunately, both my sister & I were on her bank account so we could transfer half the money to my sister yesterday.

My wife & I saw a lawyer a year or two ago and made out our wills. That should make it easier when one (or both) of us dies. Consider making a will now. Your remaining loved ones will have enough to go through without having to go through probate after your death.
BlueJay

Thank you for sharing your intimate story wxman. Your advice is stellar.
May you and your family find peace.
djjordan

So sorry for your loss wxman57. Thanks for sharing the advice. My prayers are with you and your family. :cry:
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
cperk

I'm sorry for your loss.
Texaspirate11

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
texoz

wxman57 wrote:Thank you for all of your kind words.

We were fortunate that my sister arrived before her death. She died peacefully in her bed, which is how she wanted it. Mother had been in terrible pain for the last 4 years after breaking her back. I know that she held out just long enough to see my sister before she died. The ambulance arrived about a minute or so after she passed away. We thought she'd fallen asleep. My sister produced the "DNR" (do not resuscitate) order that my mother had made last year. The last thing she would have wanted was to wake up in a hospital or a nursing home and spend the rest of her life there.

There is so much to do after a parent dies. We had to call 15-20 places/agencies. Most require a death certificate to do anything, and we won't have one for 2-3 weeks at best. Even selling her car is a big ordeal as the title isn't in my name. Fortunately, both my sister & I were on her bank account so we could transfer half the money to my sister yesterday.

My wife & I saw a lawyer a year or two ago and made out our wills. That should make it easier when one (or both) of us dies. Consider making a will now. Your remaining loved ones will have enough to go through without having to go through probate after your death.
Thanks for sharing this. My wife & I, well mostly my wife, had to take care of her mom (she had alzheimer's) for the last year of her life. She passed in her sleep. As you mentioned, your advice about wills & such is VERY important for surviving family. Losing someone is painful enough, but if affairs are not in order then the post-death period becomes even more painful and frustrating. We had planned ahead and were ready.
txflagwaver

So sorry for the loss of your mom...
Thank you for sharing your ordeal...it should serve as a reminder to us all. A will and Power of Attorney are extremely important to those we will leave behind. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family wxman.
  • Information