July: Hot & Humid To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

Why can't the storms over Montgomery County just bomb and congeal into a giant red blob of greatness - like the storms over Houston are doing - why do they have to pop and fizzle like little specs of pop rocks? Ugh. At least I hear thunder....
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

jasons wrote:Why can't the storms over Montgomery County just bomb and congeal into a giant red blob of greatness - like the storms over Houston are doing - why do they have to pop and fizzle like little specs of pop rocks? Ugh. At least I hear thunder....
Outflow from the south could change that.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
jasons2k

I'm watching it; I hope it does, but if you look carefully one is already advancing from the NW out of the Montgomery County - they are likely to collide just to my south. It will be close...
jasons2k

So far, just light sprinkles and lots of thunder for me. It may be shaping-up as another miss for me today. The stuff in Montgomery County just can't hold it together. When storms popped in other places it was off to the races, but not here :-(

So get this - on Saturday Morning, when the giant blob east of us was moving west and a good soaking looked like an imminent sure bet, I went to Ace& bought some lawn products. I've let the last two days go by without using my sprinklers, holding-out for the next day's sure thing. Well guys, I'm about an hour away from calling it strike three and flipping the switch to water this stuff in - I need to.

Of course that means tomorrow I'll finally get the mother-load of all dumpings, but I won't care, I'll just smile that it finally rained.
Last edited by jasons2k on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picked up a quick 1/2 inch near the noon hour up here in NW Harris County. Also HGX has issues a Flood Advisory for Harris County. Hearing rumbles of thunder yet again.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
txflagwaver

Raining in La Porte/Deer Park where I am right now...don't know if it's raining at the house
jgreak

Holy Cow! 2 inches in the bucket in less than an hour
jasons2k

NW Harris getting lucky as storms keep firing on the northern/NW edge of the now-stalled outflow and then traversing SE back over the same areas. In theory, the same thing should be happening over my house..

EDIT = it's 90 degrees at Conroe. Still, the storms trickling-in up north just fizzle as they move into Montgomery County - even into a pocket of still hot/unstable air. Some things just defy logic (or at least what we know).
Last edited by jasons2k on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Getting pummeled up here in NW Harris County now. Frequent GC and pouring by the bucket full.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Jason- watch for rapid back-building of the cluster currently in eastern Montgomery county as it runs into whatever outflow had raced northward from the Harris county cluster and is met with an unstable air mass.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
235 PM CDT MON JUL 9 2012

TXZ200-213-092030-
HARRIS TX-LIBERTY TX-
235 PM CDT MON JUL 9 2012

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR EAST CENTRAL HARRIS AND
WESTERN LIBERTY COUNTIES UNTIL 330 PM CDT...

AT 224 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS
TRACKING 2 CLUSTERS OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS. ONE WAS CENTERED NEAR
KENEFICK AND ANOTHER AROUND TARKINGTON PRAIRIE. THESE CLUSTER WILL
PROBABLY COLLIDE BETWEEN THOSE 2 TOWNS AND BRIEFLY PULSE UP IN
STRENGTH. WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE AS THIS
OCCURS AS WILL VERY HEAVY RAINFALL RATES UP TO 2.5 INCHES PER
HOUR. MINOR STREET FLOODING WILL BE A POSSIBILITY.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
KENEFICK...TARKINGTON PRAIRIE...PLUM GROVE AND DAYTON LAKES.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dark as night in the Gulfgate area. Wow...
biggerbyte

Nothing here in Porter, Montgomery County again. Once again, it split and rained all around us.

Unbelievable!
jasons2k

weatherguy425 wrote:Jason- watch for rapid back-building of the cluster currently in eastern Montgomery county as it runs into whatever outflow had raced northward from the Harris county cluster and is met with an unstable air mass.
Was holding-out hope but the outflow has now pushed almost clear through the county and is quickly going up Lake Conroe. The next report from KCXO won't be 90 degrees any more. I'm now trapped in the cooler air and I suspect I'm done for the day. 3 days in a row of teasing sprinkles/thunder barely a trace of rain *sigh*. I'm about to head out to turn the sprinklers on - can't wait another day at this point.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

At least wait another hour ;)
jasons2k

I am. I see the storms popping near Conroe, but I think they will fall apart as they move south. Do you see the little cell that tried to get going near Magnolia and quickly fizzled as it moved SE? That's my airmass now - not a good sign.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

At least convective temps are well below "average" and moisture is well above...shouldn't take much to keep at last light to moderate rain from growing/expanding.
nuby3

Still haven't seen a drop here!! Unbelievable, been dancing all around me all day!! Harris/Montgomery border, just north of Tomball..
jasons2k

The complex over Liberty County just spit out an outflow that is now headed back west over Montgomery County, but the air has stabilized and nothing can fire on it...
Portastorm

nuby3 wrote:Still haven't seen a drop here!! Unbelievable, been dancing all around me all day!! Harris/Montgomery border, just north of Tomball..
I feel your pain. Here in south central Texas, some portions of northern Travis County received about .20 inches of rain yesterday. Much of south Austin/Travis County has not received anything beyond a trace. Last measurable rainfall was mid-May.

I think my part of the county must lead the state in Most Outflow Boundaries with No Rain. :(
  • Information