February 2021: Arctic Outbreak/Warmup Begins

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
don

Ice is starting to accumulate here in the Heights.
BlueJay

Kingwood36 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 am I thought I'd NEVER say this...but...is it summer yet?
Texas summer sounds good.

This is a reminder though that all extreme weather can be/is dangerous and deadly.
DoctorMu

Half inch of ice everywhere. What a mess!
Snakeswx

Solid layer of ice on cars, icicles forming on everything.. pine trees are starting to turn white... Limbs are starting to droop.. 242 and gosling north of the woodlands
Kingwood36

Man I'm soooooo glad it's just all rain here and not ice again
DoctorMu

Ice storms like this are common on NC, GA. Texans are I’ll prepared. NC has more underground electric lines. Our neighborhood lines are underground. But so mane lines above ground.

Some good news. Temp has inched above freezing . Have hope the above ice melts.
MontgomeryCoWx

29 here and moderate to heavy freezing rain. Changeover to snow coming it looks like.

May finish with .4 plus of ice overnight.
Team #NeverSummer
Scott747

I know there are a few from the Angleton area here... There is a boil water notice and with continuing issues with the 911 service the usual emergency message wasn't sent via the phone.

Virtually no water pressure anyways...
snowman65

Through this entire event all we ever got was ice pellets. We had ice up to 3" think on our vehicles and at least 1/2" on our neighborhood streets. Not what I had in mind for an epic winter storm.
don

snowman65 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:54 am Through this entire event all we ever got was ice pellets. We had ice up to 3" think on our vehicles and at least 1/2" on our neighborhood streets. Not what I had in mind for an epic winter storm.
Sorry but some people's expectations were maybe too much as most models showed mainly a sleet storm around the I-10 corridor. With snow well off to the north across Northern portions of southeast Texas. While there was a possibility the air would be colder and support snow,most models never showed that for the central and coastal counties. And I'm not sure about your area but I know here in Houston we received about a 50/50 mix of sleet and small snowflakes.
Kingwood36

I'm just glad it's over..been without power since Sunday..
BlueJay

We have cold rain maybe with some freezing drops coming down.
What a mess.
djmike

Freezing rain accumulating everywhere again. Trees and powerlines are covered with large ice cycles. Cmon temp go up and knock these suckers off.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
don

We have one more round to go tomorrow,but it looks to be minor at this time but something to watch as these upper level troughs can sometimes over perform (ie:2017 December snow).The good news though is that it could be more of a snow setup,than the last few days.
cperk

I don't ever want to see this again despite how exciting it was to to track and discuss with you guys my power went off at 8am Monday and came back on at about the same time today thank god we have a generator.
MontgomeryCoWx

don wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am We have one more round to go tomorrow,but it looks to be minor at this time but something to watch as these upper level troughs can sometimes over perform (ie:2017 December snow).The good news though is that it could be more of a snow setup,than the last few days.
Might as well top it off with an inch of snow. I'm down!
Team #NeverSummer
djmike

Noooo. This is what we DONT want in Beaumont or anywhere! Cmon 40 degrees! Puuuuuuuush!!!! Lol
Attachments
Beaumont Texas
Beaumont Texas
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
unome

Scott747 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:53 am I know there are a few from the Angleton area here... There is a boil water notice and with continuing issues with the 911 service the usual emergency message wasn't sent via the phone.

Virtually no water pressure anyways...
same deal here, we had our power shut down shortly before dark on the coldest night, just got it back a short time ago. when we did have water it was brown & barely running. it started leaking from a pipe above our son's bedroom last night so we shut it all off & drained everything. we are now melting snow/ice chucks on the gas stove to flush & have 5 gal of bottled water to drink. not sure how long power will last
Stormlover2020

We will be fine, above freezing now will get to 35-36 dodge a bullet
Cromagnum

Kingwood36 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 am I'm just glad it's over..been without power since Sunday..
There is a blizzard in north and eastern parts of Texas right now. I wouldn't call it over. While we may not get ice down here, it's still fairly cold and we could all be without power again at any time.
  • Information