July 2019: Warming Trend/Slight Chances For Rain

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Kingwood36

Andrew wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm The consolidation to the south where recon found a slight wind shift is probably where you will see the center form. That is where a lot of models indicate it will occur. With that said, if that does happen it looks to be ~30-50miles south of what models are showing. Will, that have much impact on the overall track? I don't think as much as we think. I think what will be more determining is how fast this storm intensifies and can feel the impacts of the trough.
So do we want the strom to feel the trough or we dont want it to feel it? Sorry for all the amateur questions just learning as we go
MontgomeryCoWx

Andrew wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm The consolidation to the south where recon found a slight wind shift is probably where you will see the center form. That is where a lot of models indicate it will occur. With that said, if that does happen it looks to be ~30-50miles south of what models are showing. Will, that have much impact on the overall track? I don't think as much as we think. I think what will be more determining is how fast this storm intensifies and can feel the impacts of the trough.
Yep. I don’t think this any gets ramped up until late Thursday at best. It could drift further west and south in that time. A lot of people thought today.
Team #NeverSummer
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Yep. I don’t think this any gets ramped up until late Thursday at best. It could drift further west and south in that time. A lot of people thought today.
I could see Thursday morning, especially if convection continues to erupt over the MLC. With that said, it could be earlier if politics comes into play.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
djmike

Can someone post the latest euro ensembles? I missed it.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
MontgomeryCoWx

Andrew wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:48 pm
MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:45 pm
I could see Thursday morning, especially if convection continues to erupt over the MLC. With that said, it could be earlier if politics comes into play.
By politics, I assume you are referring to the NHC calling it early?
Team #NeverSummer
sau27

12Z euro ensembles look like the spread is going to shift east from the 00Z. More clustered around the operational run.
stormlover

I will say this is center is more south than models will be more west
txbear

What's the boards' thoughts on the reliability (or credibility) of the HWRF?
djmike

Next track shift. West or east? Thoughts?
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

djmike wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:13 pm Next track shift. West or east? Thoughts?
East, but it will continue to shift both directions until there is a defined center.
Rip76

East for sure
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

18Z Early track guidance...Official raises an eyebrow...
Attachments
07102019 18Z Tracks 02L_tracks_latest.png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
MontgomeryCoWx

I’m on board saying that I’m selling an east of Lafayette solution. Common sense and a couple decades of following these storms tell me that I should go with my gut.

Still sticking with my original prediction
Team #NeverSummer
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:21 pm I’m on board saying that I’m selling an east of Lafayette solution. Common sense and a couple decades of following these storms tell me that I should go with my gut.

What was your original
MontgomeryCoWx

mcheer23 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:24 pm
MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:21 pm I’m on board saying that I’m selling an east of Lafayette solution. Common sense and a couple decades of following these storms tell me that I should go with my gut.

What was your original
Lake Charles
Team #NeverSummer
snowman65

I will gladly accept anything east of me in Orange!!
txbear

srainhoutx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:17 pm 18Z Early track guidance...Official raises an eyebrow...
I posed a question earlier about the credibility of the HWRF, but this preliminary spaghetti plot lines up with what the 12z HWRF is showing. Looks like a decently potent Cat 1 for LA.

srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

txbear wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:38 pm
srainhoutx wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:17 pm 18Z Early track guidance...Official raises an eyebrow...
I posed a question earlier about the credibility of the HWRF, but this preliminary spaghetti plot lines up with what the 12z HWRF is showing. Looks like a decently potent Cat 1 for LA.

It is a Hurricane High Resolution model used by the NHC, but it has been known to be a wee bit too extreme at times with intensity. Like all models, it is another tool in the tool box...so to speak.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
txbear

thanks, srain. hurricanes are way outside my wheelhouse, as opposed to the supercells i've grown accustomed to...as a very amateur wx enthusiast.
Texaspirate11

I'm thinking Lake Charles
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
  • Information