Hurricane Alex. 40 Miles NNE of La Pesca. 100 MPH/948MB

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
Mr. T

biggerbyte wrote:Well, with my exit from this forum, I must say that this has been one of the most difficult storms to predict. The models were all over the place for days, as were conditions that would manipulate him. In the end, we have come full circle to the first suggested landing. Alex had many opportunities to go elsewhere, one being S.E. Texas at one point or another. Thank God that did not happen.

He will be inland soon. Many will get lots of rain, some way too much. So we wait for the next one. I've tried hard to help folks stay in one piece over the years, but I don't feel a part of anything here anymore. I'll be lurking now and again, but there will be no posts during the remainder of this hurricane season.

Best of luck to everyone...

BB
Why the drama, man? Did I miss something? What happened?

You are definitely still a part of this community. You are a longtime member and I like your posts. Perhaps take a breather for a bit and maybe you'll feel better. :D
ronyan

There's been a blowup of colder cloud tops near the center recently.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/flash-avn.html
bdog38

i havnt ever seen a "blob" bigger than the actual low formation for this long. alex is not moving. HELLO?
skidog48
clc

Hitting a wall at 95W.

Where to next? :?
bdog38

the "BLOB" looks like everything is feeding into him.HELLO?
skidog48
ronyan

bdog38 wrote:i havnt ever seen a "blob" bigger than the actual low formation for this long. alex is not moving. HELLO?
As far as I can tell he is still moving but more slowly now. It looks like he might have actually jogged wsw/sw again.
leahpeah

Is that "HELLO?" out of concern? Now I am concerned!
bdog38

ronyan wrote:
bdog38 wrote:i havnt ever seen a "blob" bigger than the actual low formation for this long. alex is not moving. HELLO?
As far as I can tell he is still moving but more slowly now. It looks like he might have actually jogged wsw/sw again.
he is getting sucked in by th BLOB.
skidog48
Paul

hes wobbling.....still moving but albeit a crawl to the West.....

More importantly we all should be watching that giant slug feeder band Alex spit out fixing to hit the Upper TX coast... ;)
Stormrider

Mr. T wrote:
biggerbyte wrote:Well, with my exit from this forum, I must say that this has been one of the most difficult storms to predict. The models were all over the place for days, as were conditions that would manipulate him. In the end, we have come full circle to the first suggested landing. Alex had many opportunities to go elsewhere, one being S.E. Texas at one point or another. Thank God that did not happen.

He will be inland soon. Many will get lots of rain, some way too much. So we wait for the next one. I've tried hard to help folks stay in one piece over the years, but I don't feel a part of anything here anymore. I'll be lurking now and again, but there will be no posts during the remainder of this hurricane season.

Best of luck to everyone...

BB
Why the drama, man? Did I miss something? What happened?

You are definitely still a part of this community. You are a longtime member and I like your posts. Perhaps take a breather for a bit and maybe you'll feel better. :D
Yo Biggerbyte! I missed the drama, too. Don't go dude. your part of the "family". :)
sau27

Im not sure that it is actualy making any movement to the SW. I think it is just firing more convection on the southern side which may give it that illusion of moving that way.

For those concerned about "the blob" It is just starting to come into view on the radar out of lake charles. Once it is in view that should answer some questions. Also it appears the blobs strength is falling off. I wouldnt worry too much about it.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it has slowed down or may even have stalled but shouldn't make much of a difference as eventually it will keep going west.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
ronyan

bdog38 wrote:
ronyan wrote:
he is getting sucked in by th BLOB.
The hurricane is getting sucked in by it's own convection?? I don't think that can happen.

Alex is about to punch the coast with his "fist" of convection! :lol:
sau27

HA the IR loop sure does make it look like hes firing a big fireball this way. Must have eaten a flower. (yes I went there with the Mario reference)
clc

Was a slow down forecasted????????????
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Res VIS imagery along with radar are the only way we can truly determine movement without RECON.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Paul

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real- ... 8dlm3.html

The BH has slowed building east.probably only temporary......but with the high over the Central US already closed the weakness left by the trof..ALex has no where else to go but west or even WSW....it is crawling though...

BTW- nice big chunk of Alex approaching from the south....might get some squally weather around the coast....

and what is up with Bigbyte? sheesh I can even go to Denver for a day and come back and the whole board is falling apart... :D
bdog38

what are we seeing? HELLO?
skidog48
Mr. T

bdog38 wrote:what are we seeing? HELLO?
How about stop saying "HELLO?" in every post
Mr. T

Local radar shows some scattered activity moving into coastal areas on the outskirts of Alex's very large circulation. A large plume of moisture and heavy rain just off the coast of LA looks poised to make a run through SE TX later this morning.

Tommorow's gon' be wet
  • Information