July 2019: Warming Trend/Slight Chances For Rain

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
bdog38

its coming.

Skidog47
skidog48
Scott747

So far early in the 0z GFS run the track hasn't changed to much but it's a little stronger.
Scott747

Thru hr 96 it's definitely more organized and stronger plus a little further s.
Cpv17

GFS caving to the Euro somewhat.
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

GFS stronger with a landfall near Galveston
Cpv17

mcheer23 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm GFS stronger with a landfall near Galveston
To me it looks more like landfall in Chambers County instead of Galveston. At hour 126 it looks like it wants to hug the coastline, but then starts moving due north into Chambers County by hour 132 and floods the Golden Triangle and SW LA. Moving very slow. Significant flood threat. Not much for SE TX except the extreme eastern parts.
Kingwood36

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 pm
mcheer23 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm GFS stronger with a landfall near Galveston
To me it looks more like landfall in Chambers County instead of Galveston. At hour 126 it looks like it wants to hug the coastline, but then starts moving due north into Chambers County by hour 132 and floods the Golden Triangle and SW LA. Moving very slow. Significant flood threat. Not much for SE TX except the extreme eastern parts.
Call me crazy but you seem like you want whatever this thing becomes to come here to se tx lol becareful what you wish for
don

It actually shows landfall around Galveston Bay and it shows a dry west side because it starts to weaken the system as it nears the coast, it's a little too early to be reading into model qpf's... you seem to be reading too much from the models this far out... :roll:
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:42 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 pm
Call me crazy but you seem like you want whatever this thing becomes to come here to se tx lol becareful what you wish for
I don’t want anything more than a few inches of rain and a weak tropical system mainly to keep temps down. If we get to be on the dry side we’ll be hot and dry and I really don’t want that lol especially since I have to work outside a lot.
Cpv17

don wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:45 pm
It actually shows landfall around Galveston Bay and it shows a dry west side because it starts to weaken the system as it nears the coast, it's a little too early to be reading into model qpf's... you seem to be reading too much from the models this far out... :roll:
I’m reading what the models are showing at the current time. I know they will change because it’s 4-6 days out.
Scott747

I've become much more confident in the HWRF. In fact I believe it was the best preforming model last year. Hopefully we get a run this cycle but we won't know till around 1230.
don

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 pm
I’m reading what the models are showing at the current time. I know they will change because it’s 4-6 days out.
Then you probably should state that in your comments because you come off as if you take each model run verbatim...
Texaspirate11

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 pm GFS caving to the Euro somewhat.
whoop! knew it would eventually
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
Cpv17

don wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:58 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Then you probably should state that in your comments because you come off as if you take each model run verbatim...
I’ve been following the weather for 20+ years. I know better than to do that.
Scott747

0z euro is much further e. Closer to Morgan City.
DoctorMu

GEFS Ensemble is estimate 6-12 inches of rain near Beaumont. 4-6 in Houston. About 2 min in CLL.
The 0z Euro run is nudging east so far, more into Louisiana. We'll see shortly how strong that SEC ridging is.
DoctorMu

That didn't take long. The storm ejects up through Ruston at 144. Nice head fake on GFS!

lol We're still 5+ days out.
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

Models will keep shifting until we have a defined center over water
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A few thunderstorms across the NE GOM this morning as Invest 92L slowly drifts SW toward the coast. Lots of unknowns continue this morning. Invest 92L remains at an 80% chance of tropical development the next 5 days and still awaiting where the low pressure center will form across the NE GOM. A motion toward the N GOM is being display by model. For now the “wait and see” continues. This is the time to have a plan and be prepared.

From the Houston-Galveston NWS morning AFD:

These is the best cast and worst case scenarios for SE Texas as of this moment:

Best Case: If the low propagates into the LA/MS coast, then the bulk of the storm`s rainfall activity and strongest wind field would remain outside of SE Texas. Thus, a warmer and drier trend would be expected. Main impacts with this scenario would be possible high heat index values (maybe reaching Heat Advisory criteria) along with some convective activity over the local area.

Worst Case: If the low propagates more to the west and into the vicinity of the TX/LA coast, then the bulk of the storm`s rainfall activity and strongest wind field would move in or near SE Texas, or at least portions of it. Thus, a wetter forecast pattern would be expected over our local area. However, due to the uncertainty of the storm`s intensity, specific wind and rainfall values are unknown at this time.

The General Message: There are still too many uncertainties in regards of the development and track of the system. Regardless of development, now is the time to verify your hurricane preparedness plan with your family and neighbors. Continue to monitor your local NWS and NHC forecasts for the latest information regarding
this system.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 5.34.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 5.34.36 AM.png (238.25 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 5.15.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 5.15.59 AM.png (27.47 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
Kingwood36

So the modles fillped east..isnt the first and im sure it wont be the last
  • Information