Welcome Everyone!

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

869 Millibars wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 pm Good job on the new website and kudos to everyone who assisted with the effort in making this transition a success. The only major issue I foresee is that the old website link is no longer working, so there may be quite a few people who are not aware of this new replacement website. Maybe some type of communication can be posted online in order to inform all of the other past visitors and members of the link to this new site. Just food for thought.
That appears to be the case if you hit the old forum URL directly, which a lot of people may have saved.

Fortunately, on the KHOU site, under the Weather section navigation, if you click 'Weather Forum," it does redirect to this site. It appears the parent URL may redirect but not the child URLs.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

jasons wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm
869 Millibars wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 pm Good job on the new website and kudos to everyone who assisted with the effort in making this transition a success. The only major issue I foresee is that the old website link is no longer working, so there may be quite a few people who are not aware of this new replacement website. Maybe some type of communication can be posted online in order to inform all of the other past visitors and members of the link to this new site. Just food for thought.
That appears to be the case if you hit the old forum URL directly, which a lot of people may have saved.

Fortunately, on the KHOU site, under the Weather section navigation, if you click 'Weather Forum," it does redirect to this site. It appears the parent URL may redirect but not the child URLs.
We also emailed everyone that has registered the new url and posted that on social media too. We may lose a couple of people but I feel like the majority of people have already made their way over.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
GBinGrimes

Regarding previous discussion for this new site: There are costs. How can we members contribute?

Speaking just for myself, it would be a privilege and honor to financially assist in helping to maintain the community.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

GBinGrimes wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm Regarding previous discussion for this new site: There are costs. How can we members contribute?

Speaking just for myself, it would be a privilege and honor to financially assist in helping to maintain the community.
Hi GB, we are in the process of getting this together. We will likely setup a paypal account to get donations and make a post on here shortly. We just want to make sure everything is secure and transparent to the community. We are working out the final details of everything to make sure the community is fully aware of all the details. Thanks to everyone for the support and possible future support. This forum is a place a lot of people go to get support for high impact weather events.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
869 Millibars

Andrew wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 pm
jasons wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

We also emailed everyone that has registered the new url and posted that on social media too. We may lose a couple of people but I feel like the majority of people have already made their way over.
OK, well that's good to hear. So it appears everyone should know where to go now.
Electric Lizard

Good job! Let us know how we can help/contribute.
South_Texas_Storms
Pro Met
Pro Met

Nice new site. Thanks for putting it together!
walterh2k

Thanks for continuing this enterprise.
Twitter: @walterhattox
TxLady

Yay! I made it over! I've been out of town for the last week, and just now got a chance to "find my way home". The new site looks great. I look forward to details on making contributions. :)
guinness

Thank you to everyone who made this possible. The new site looks great! You all are my go to weather info and I'm so glad to see this forum will continue!
  • Information