February 2016: Quiet Warm Weather To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jojotheidiotclown

Warm this puppy up. Can't wait for spring. Winter can go jump in a wood chipper.
DoctorMu

Promises. Promises.

Drier and warmer have been the norm. Although Jan was slightly cooler than average in CLL, not much wintry excitement.

Bastardi was right about the East Coast Blizznado...we'll see if he's right on the cold...fingers crossed for disturbances sliding across with good timing.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm not seeing any really cold weather over the next 2 weeks. Maybe light freeze around the 10th (GFS), though the Euro has lows across Houston closer to 41 that day
unome

wxman57 wrote:I'm not seeing any really cold weather over the next 2 weeks. Maybe light freeze around the 10th (GFS), though the Euro has lows across Houston closer to 41 that day
Thank you !
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't be surprised if we see some West Texas dust in the air tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_20160201_182154.jpg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
sleetstorm

Who has said anything about promises, DoctorMu? Srainhoutx was merely stating what Jeff said what could be taking place in this vicinity of the country weatherwise if and when all of the elements come together starting tomorrow & feasibly lasing into this weekend if everything pans out the way the Euro computer models are showing. Hi, I sleetstorm have returned. I am a high-functioning autistic person, only so you know.
snowman65

Groundhog did not see his shadow. Early Spring....There, I said it....lol
BiggieSmalls

Ha, no news there....biggest dud of a winter in recent memory
snowman65

BiggieSmalls wrote:Ha, no news there....biggest dud of a winter in recent memory
Where is the "LIKE" button....no lie!!
DoctorMu

70°F, sunshine, and a DP of 24°/18% RH in CLL

Could not be a better day.

Bottle this for the summer!

Cool and dry for the remainder of the week with a slight chance of rain Friday night as the Southern Jet twerks with the polar jet. Light freezes possible the next 2 nights in CLL to NW Harris Co and our heat sink in Conroe.

Maybe a strong cold front next Tue with an active Jet. Hope a disturbance actually fills the hose with well-timed (frozen) precip. There's not much of a chance, but it may be best we have for any mischief.
sleetstorm

What of the snow storm or showers that occurred several years ago during the month of April in the northern, northwestern, and northeastern counties which our good friend Mr. T & some of his buddies went to see & experience? You are free to call it a fluke if you want, but I call it beautiful, nice, & cool. 8-)
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Beautiful clear skies and normal temps for this time of year through the rest of the week across SE TX. An increase in clouds Friday night followed by slight rain chances Saturday. The sun returns Sunday.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like the rain chances for the weekend have diminished completely. A nice cool, dry and quiet weather pattern appears likely for the next 8-10 days.
Attachments
02032016 00Z Euro GFS CMC Compare test8.gif
02032016 00Z iahgfs.png
02032016 CPC Day 8+ Super Ensemble  500hgt_comp_sup610.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
BlueJay

We hit a low of 46F this morning and currently sitting at 54F. Not as cold as I expected it to get.
I decided to hand water the very hardy selloum philodendron, azaleas, gardenia, etc in the back yard as it has been quite dry. It is certainly nice to have green plantage this time of year!
jasons2k

Yeah, it's getting to the point when we really need some more rain. I'm gonna have to get the sprinklers going soon. Especially as it warms up and plants transition into their spring bloom-out, they will need water.

The tulip trees, usually an early bloomer, are already blooming up here.
DoctorMu

On our way to a light freeze around College Station down to Navasota and Conroe tonight and tomorrow.

High and dry for the foreseeable and cool to seasonable. Could be worse, but kinda zzzzzzzzzzzzz. We have some desiccation, but nothing's thinking about blooming up here yet.

Gardenias and azaleas (as I discovered in our first summer here) won't survive because of alkaline water and soil in the Brazos Valley. Pondering the planting of a tree (Chinquapin Oak), but lack of expected El Nino rain coupled with the gnarly gray clay underneath the red clay and thin layer of loam have me thinking twice.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Beautiful cool weather to continue the rest of the week. An upper level disturbance will move across TX Saturday bringing only a slight chance of showers in the morning before more beautiful sunny skies arrive Saturday afternoon. Beautiful weather looks to continue through Wednesday of next week.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 5.34.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 5.34.23 AM.png (37.13 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Starting to get a little dry, so after giving the irrigation system a break since December, I turned it on last weekend. The only chance I see of breaking this dry pattern is the potential relaxing of the strong +PNA Western Ridge around mid month and fingers crossed, the MJO orbits back around to a more favorable Phase 7/8/1 Regime toward the end of February.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
BlueJay

Our low this morning was a toasty 37F with a chilly high of 62F. I am hopeful that we won't have below freezing temps as forecast tomorrow morning but my potted plants have already been moved to the warmth of the kitchen floor. We'll see...
unome

plants are all covered, but we might just escape a freeze, depending on where you look for data. What the maps don't show you is the maintenance/reliability of the individual weather stations - still, looking at a larger area as a whole gives a good idea

MesoWest http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman ... rawsflag=3

WunderMap http://wxug.us/

a finger of warmer temps moves up through Texas - image from http://coolwx.com/usstats/
  • Information