February: Clear Skies & Moderating Temps To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
redneckweather

Looks like we will have a GREAT weekend on tap today with beautiful sunny skies and mild temps for day time high's. Get out and enjoy it!!

Unfortunatley, we just couldn't get the ingredients to line up to give the Houston metro area a decent snowfall this winter...so close but so far which is usually the case more times than not. Next weeks system doesn't give us any hope either and temps seem to moderate after it passes. We are approaching mid February and signs of Spring will start to appear over the next couple of weeks. In fact, my apple and plum trees already are budding out and the yellow jasmine will show up in the trees any day now.

After this next little shot of arctic air, I think that will shut off the arctic for the rest of the season, at least down here thankfully!! It's been a very raw/dreary/cold fall & winter season and I will be very glad to see it go!
Portastorm

redneckweather wrote:Looks like we will have a GREAT weekend on tap today with beautiful sunny skies and mild temps for day time high's. Get out and enjoy it!!

Unfortunatley, we just couldn't get the ingredients to line up to give the Houston metro area a decent snowfall this winter...so close but so far which is usually the case more times than not. Next weeks system doesn't give us any hope either and temps seem to moderate after it passes. We are approaching mid February and signs of Spring will start to appear over the next couple of weeks. In fact, my apple and plum trees already are budding out and the yellow jasmine will show up in the trees any day now.

After this next little shot of arctic air, I think that will shut off the arctic for the rest of the season, at least down here thankfully!! It's been a very raw/dreary/cold fall & winter season and I will be very glad to see it go!

Well said redneckweather! I couldn't agree more. Austin got shutout again in terms of snowfall. It has been 4 years since we had snow here and 10 years since we had measurable snow. All we had this winter season was a little sleet, enough freezing drizzle/rain to create societal havoc, and lots of cold. I would have traded all of the little piss-ant ice events for one good snow.

I do think we may see a few more cold shots between now and the time the thermostat gets cranked up for our typical spring and summer. But nothing like what we have seen. I'm ready for sunshine, some of Ed's funderstorms, and the three B's: BBQ, baseball, and bass fishing!
redneckweather

I like you 3 b's Porta...sounds dang good to me!

Ok, it's almost noon and still solid overcast. WTH!!????
SusieinLP

Still cloudy and 49...bit too cold for my taste. I'm hoping tomorrow actually gets in the 70s so I can work in the yard. I am happy with our rain chances next week.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll believe those 70's expected when that actually happen. It looks like a sharp shallow cold front will arrive late on Sunday and then things turn unsettled. The general trend via the 12Z suite of guidance is for a couple of robust upper air disturbances to trek E across the Southern half of Texas and yet another Coastal low/trough developing Monday night into Tuesday. The WPC Winter Weather Outlook has added a slight probability of freezing rain across E/SE Texas with higher probabilities across Louisiana Monday night into Tuesday. I hope this is the last of the wintry mischief we see this year. Enough already!
Attachments
0208204 Day 1 to 3 QPF d13_fill.gif
02082014 1913Z Valid 00Z Wednesday prb_24hicez_ge_01_2014020900f072.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

So did everyone enjoy all that sunshine this weekend that was forecasted? :roll: lol It peeked out at my house for 10 minutes tops.

How bout we start taking bets on when the next time we will see the abundant sunshine????
redneckweather

Wxman, Porta, Srain and others....

We are heading to Leakey, TX along the Frio River for Spring Break (March 9th thru 15th). Please tell me we will have record warmth forthat time period!!! 8-)
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

redneckweather wrote:So did everyone enjoy all that sunshine this weekend that was forecasted? :roll: lol It peeked out at my house for 10 minutes tops.

How bout we start taking bets on when the next time we will see the abundant sunshine????
I'd say we'll see sunshine and temps into at least the upper 60s this afternoon once the low clouds burn off. They're thinning rapidly from our west now.
SusieinLP

Still in the soup down here. I'm just glad the temps have moderated to more typical of this area.
ticka1

cloudy and 59 degrees -will i see sunshine and 70's today??? btw it is 2:34 pm
TxLady

The sun came out, VERY briefly, about an hour ago. At least it's warmer outside. From one who hates summer heat, it really is nice to go outside without a jacket, for a change. I guess time will tell if we get the 4th week in a row of freezing precip, on Tuesday. Certainly not the sunny weekend, that was forecasted.
skidog40

Start ticking temps down a degree at a time I see. A few more and we are looking at a winter storm.
Kingwood31

skidog40 wrote:Start ticking temps down a degree at a time I see. A few more and we are looking at a winter storm.
Ya 34 for a low tues night with a 50% chance of rain for kingwood
skidog40

I was checking some other sites forecast and Intellicast dropped their low to 32 and 8O% precipitation for katy
Kingwood31

I guess will see starting monday night into Tuesday morning..what's it showing for the kingwood area
skidog40

Kingwood31 wrote:I guess will see starting monday night into Tuesday morning..what's it showing for the kingwood area
around the same 33 degrees, I checked the weather channel and they dropped their temps down to 32 Tuesday night and they are always on the warmer side. we will see
SusieinLP

Got some good sun and saw some blue sky while outside working in yard. Turned out to be really nice for a couple of hours. Clouds are rolling back in..perhaps it's the fog...
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

No sunshine here in NW Harris County today and I certainly did not see those low 70's forecast up here. The WPC Winter Weather Outlook updated this afternoon and has the freezing rain probabilities getting precariously close to Central/E/NE/SE Texas and Louisiana once again.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
SusieinLP

Getting quite foggy in my neighborhood
  • Information