Re: New Rank for members

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Rip76

Thank you, Thank you
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Will be adding more senior members shortly...if anyone has nominations let me know
djjordan

unome wrote:
jcarr wrote:The following members have been added to our Senior Member group. jasons, Kludge, Rip76, rnmm, SusieinLP, unome, djjordan, and
sambucol
Thanks for all of your contributions and thanks for the nominations...keep them coming!
just saw this yesterday, what an unexpected, pleasant surprise - thank you - now I will blame my aching bones & forgetfulness on being "senior" ;)
Oh WOW .... due to all of our benign weather lately I haven't been as attentive to our weather board here. I am honored and want to thank you for designating me as a Senior Member. I remember first signing up way back when Hurricane Carla threatened us in 2003. It's been an exciting rollercoaster ride ever since. It's nice to know that with everything going on in the world, we can still get on here and talk about weather. I look forward to many more years of fun weather times here on the KHOU board.
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

djjordan wrote:
unome wrote:
jcarr wrote:The following members have been added to our Senior Member group. [Oh WOW .... due to all of our benign weather lately I haven't been as attentive to our weather board here. I am honored and want to thank you for designating me as a Senior Member. I remember first signing up way back when Hurricane Carla threatened us in 2003. It's been an exciting rollercoaster ride ever since. It's nice to know that with everything going on in the world, we can still get on here and talk about weather. I look forward to many more years of fun weather times here on the KHOU board.

Do you mean Claudette? And also, welcome to Senior status.....:)
djjordan

Yep Claudette ....LOL At least I knew it was a C storm. Wow this senior status may be messing with my memory Ha ha.
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
jasons2k

Thanks all for the nomination! I haven't been around as much the last few weeks with some personal business going-on, but I hope things get back to normal around here soon :-)
sambucol

jcarr wrote:The following members have been added to our Senior Member group. jasons, Kludge, Rip76, rnmm, SusieinLP, unome, djjordan, and
sambucol
Thanks for all of your contributions and thanks for the nominations...keep them coming!
I just read this. Thank you!!
SusieinLP

Thanks guys!!
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am pleased to announce that weatherrabbit has been nominated as a Senior Member. The valuable reports provided by weatherrabbit from Huntsville throughout the years as well as links to the weather station proves the worthiness of this promotion. Thanks for your many years of contribution to our Weather Community, weatherrabbit! And Happy Birthday!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thank you, and congratulations weatherrabbit! :D
Blake
Boomer Sooner
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a few nominees to go through...will be updating the senior member list this weekend...
C2G

Mr. Ed's got about a gazillion posts, most very informative and helpful. Can't figure out why y'all haven't made him a Senior or Special member?
There's no justice in the world.
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

^

I would have to agree. Ed is very informative and knowledgable in his postings. Although he can make my head hurt almost every time, I enjoy reading his post.
Blake
Boomer Sooner
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well...I have asked for pm's to nominate members...his name has not been mentioned,,,except by him lol. Please nominate folks if you like, We take a lot of different things into consideration. The members have been selected for this batch but please send the names in for next time.
C2G

jcarr wrote:Well...I have asked for pm's to nominate members...his name has not been mentioned,,,except by him lol. Please nominate folks if you like, We take a lot of different things into consideration. The members have been selected for this batch but please send the names in for next time.
It's not that difficult to change a members status, just takes a few clicks. You mentioned nothing about a Private Message, you simply stated.
jcarr wrote:Will be adding more senior members shortly...if anyone has nominations let me know
Which I guess could be construed as a PM.
Why Ed isn't already a Special Member with how much he contributes to this site, way more than many, and I mean many of your so called Special Members, is a mystery beyond comprehension.
It makes this Special Member status almost appear comical to me.
Carry on jcarr.
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

The nominations I have received have been by PM and when asked how to nominate by a user I advised they could send a PM. Not too difficult right? Not an extensive process...but a process. Thanks for your input!
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK folks..our new Senior members are...

Baseballdude2915
weatherguy425
TexasBreeze
texoz
Texas Pirate
Belmer
harpman
kayci

and...

In spite of Cloud2ground's comments...

Ed Mahmoud

Thanks for your continued support and contributions to the weather forums...

Remember..no discounts with this new rank... ;)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congratulations to our newest Senior Members. This group well represents the Regional aspect of our membership and their contributions to our Weather Forum over the years. From the Panhandle to Central Texas on E into the New Orleans area. Well deserved gang!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
C2G

jcarr wrote:The nominations I have received have been by PM and when asked how to nominate by a user I advised they could send a PM. Not too difficult right? Not an extensive process...but a process. Thanks for your input!
Good to see Ed get what he so rightfully deserves. Yes, a simple process indeed, now that you've clarified the process involved.
TexasBreeze

I didn't expect my name on that list! I appreciate the honor!:)
  • Information