Welcome To The Weather Forum

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Weather Forum. First and most importantly, a huge thanks to KHOU and the tireless Staff that has worked so hard to provide us with the New Platform. Our members and those that just read and never post are extremely grateful for all your efforts to keep the Forum going and continue to provide Weather Information to our community and beyond. Take some time to visit the FAQ section concerning posting and other information. There are many more features available now and we hope you enjoy them. Again, Welcome and enjoy our stay on the New Weather forum.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Portastorm

Thanks Steve for all of your incredible hard work and dedication to making this happen.

A job well done! :D
don

Yay! Thanks :)
updraft

Ditto ... it'll take some getting used to.
"Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning." - The late/great George Carlin
vbhoutex

Steve, you untiring efforts have paid off well!! Congratulations on the new forum. Hopefully we can all help you to make it a bigger success than it already has been.
Mr. T

Yes. It is very nice to actually be posting on a normal forum. Mucho thank you's to everyone involved who finally got this train rollin'

Now, the inclusion of avatars would put the icing on the cake :P
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr. T wrote:Yes. It is very nice to actually be posting on a normal forum. Mucho thank you's to everyone involved who finally got this train rollin'

Now, the inclusion of avatars would put the icing on the cake :P
Working on that ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try the avatar now.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
desiredwxgd

Thanks for all your help. It feels good to be back.
JMS
SR. ENSC.
Poltracker

Let's hear it...hip hip hooray!!!!!! :!:
Gene Norman

Yes, please spread the word so we can build it back up. I know a lot of folks were M-A-D that this dissappeared in our re-launch of the web site in November. Patience pays off.
Paul

Nice work Steve....looking forward to Tropical Weather Season and some non-threatening long trackers. I suspect we will have some long nights ahead of us come July-Sept....
C2G

Yeah, this is great. Love the layout. Thank you KHOU and tech people.
Mr. T

srainhoutx wrote: Working on that ;)
Awesome, man! Thanks! :D

I kind of wish there was a border around the post that you quote, as the writer's message blends in with the previous message. The only "real" problem I see with is when someone posts a large image, like the model maps, it cuts off half the image, and there is no scroll bar to see the rest of it...

This isn't too big of a deal, though. You can just copy the address into your address bar to see the full image.

Anyway, before I sound like a bickering old man, thanks once again for getting this baby up and runnin'! :)
jabcwb2

Soooooooo glad this is back! I am not a Met, just a lurker who suffered severe withdrawals for a few days. Thank you all for what you do! :D
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Made it! Hard part was guessing those stupid letters to prove I was human. Failed 10 times then it locked me out. I see made it easier to see the letters now, so I could read them and register. ;-)
Mr. T

Gene Norman wrote:Yes, please spread the word so we can build it back up. I know a lot of folks were M-A-D that this dissappeared in our re-launch of the web site in November. Patience pays off.
Welcome, Gene

It is very neat to see you here! I'm definitely looking foward to your input on this forum. We've needed some more pro mets to step into the game, here :)
wxman wrote:Made it! Hard part was guessing those stupid letters to prove I was human. Failed 10 times then it locked me out. I see made it easier to see the letters now, so I could read them and register.
It took me three times and a tilt of the screen to see what the heck the code was supposed to be...

I don't think spam bots are dying to traverse a local weather board, but I could be wrong :P
updraft

srainhoutx wrote:Try the avatar now.

Got the avatar to work!! Thank you very much for the hard work and thanks to all those who offer their knowledge to newbie weather fans - like me. :D
"Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning." - The late/great George Carlin
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I am in. I like the new look n feel of the board.
weatherrabbit

great to be in here..... :D
  • Information