February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
redneckweather

My aunt just called again (5 minutes west of me) and said it is coming down good. No snow flakes here yet. lol

Edit, I've got big flakes here at the house now. Whhhewww, got a little nervous there for a minute or 5. :D Nothing heavy yet, just scattered big flakes. Time to go outside!
Last edited by redneckweather on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

how in the heck do u change it????
User Control Panel ==>Profile
txsnowmaker

From the second floor, I am seeing what I thought to be sleet but at second glance appears to be snowflakes mixed in with the rain near the Galleria right now. You see it Ed?
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

More echos moving in to northern Harris and southern Montgomery Counties. Let's see what falls this time.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

brazoria_county22 wrote:
wxman57 wrote:It would sure help if those of you posting reports of what you're seeing or asking about the weather in "your location" would update your profiles and put your location in there. I can't remember where everyone is and "sleeting at my house" doesn't help much if we haven't a clue where you live.

...and now, back to our regularly-scheduled snow event.
how in the heck do u change it????
Glad you've asked! On the upper right of this forum page, click "User Control Panel". In the left frame of the page that loads, choose "Profile". You'll see a bunch of boxes of info you can add in there. One of them is "Location". Just fill it in and hit "Save" at the bottom.

Thank you!
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWS HGX:

"trucker called us and reported all snow between Conroe and Montgomery"
tgal

OK, I don't post at work but it is snowing again in Magnolia and it is starting to stick on dirt and grass! This is an awesome day!
redneckweather

I don't know if y'all saw my edit above. Got snow here at the house now. Nothing hard yet.
polisciaggie

Last pics and video I promise :mrgreen:

walking around campus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si6t9SCbhX8

driving down George Bush Dr., toward the airport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyIUuDwISCc

accumulation on my car

Last edited by polisciaggie on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dac

Had a little sleet in Tomball.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI: It's still snowing lightly to our W. Austin area (Portastorm) still reports snow flurries.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
brazoria_county22

raining in angleton..just rain so far
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Radar still sems to be backbiuldign *a little* to our west and with the system still out over west texas, light precip will likely continue after this batch moves through
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

srainhoutx wrote:FYI: It's still snowing lightly to our W. Austin area (Portastorm) still reports snow flurries.
Another round of snow about to move into Austin now. That'll be with the main low.
lpweather

getting very light sleet in the Deer Park area. Wanting the snow to hurry! :P :P
updraft

At work in Deer Park close to La Porte: moderate steady rain and occasionally minor sleet mixing in a little (very little, but definitely frozen stuff) I guess it could be all the sea gulls too, but it sounds frozen. Hitting the tin roof and it's making me sleepy. :roll: Gonna be a terrible drive home.
"Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning." - The late/great George Carlin
Mr. T

weatherguy425 wrote:Radar still sems to be backbiuldign *a little* to our west and with the system still out over west texas, light precip will likely continue after this batch moves through
It is. Lift is increasing across the region as the main low approaches the area. I know at first glance it appears that things are moving at a steady clip and we would be left without in precip in a few hours, but you can already tell the backbuilding and lift increasing between San Antonio and Houston. Plus, there's still a batch of precip moving into the IH-35 corridor associated with the main low pressure system.

Don't worry guys. We aren't getting out of this one without seeing some snow.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

updraft wrote:At work in Deer Park close to La Porte: moderate steady rain and occasionally minor sleet mixing in a little (very little, but definitely frozen stuff) I guess it could be all the sea gulls too, but it sounds frozen. Hitting the tin roof and it's making me sleepy. :roll: Gonna be a terrible drive home.
That indicates the temps aloft are starting to drop below freezing not too far up. Give it another few hours to change over to snow.
C2G

Moderate cold rain mixing with absolutely nothing but moderate cold rain here in Friendswood.
brazoria_county22

Cloud2ground wrote:Moderate cold rain mixing with absolutely nothing but moderate cold rain here in Friendswood.
same here n angleton
  • Information