February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
BigNorthSide

20 miles east of Lake Conroe on the Montgomery/San Jacinto county line......almost as northward as New Waverly......shy about 6 miles or so
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paul wrote:
srainhoutx wrote:Temp down to 38 now in NW Harris County. Light rain/and some sleet. 2 degree drop in the last 30 minutes.

Co -worker up north of Tomball reporting snow now....
It won't be long here. Sleet is splashing in the pool pretty good now. ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

Just got home and didn't see a flake on the way home. Hardly even a drizzle here at the house. Temp back up to 42 when it was 37 earliar.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX
308 PM CST TUE FEB 23 2010

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0252 PM SNOW ROUND ROCK 30.52N 97.67W
02/23/2010 M2.0 INCH WILLIAMSON TX EMERGENCY MNGR
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Paul

TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

redneckweather wrote:Just got home and didn't see a flake on the way home. Hardly even a drizzle here at the house. Temp back up to 42 when it was 37 earliar.
Where are you at? Snow has been mixed with rain--if not all snow at some points across southern, western and northern Montgomery County. I don't see how you always miss it.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

brazoria_county22 wrote:

that for us n brazoria county to weatherman?
Rosenberg area? Probably around the same time as Hobby. Maybe 7pm-8pm.
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heavy snow in Brenham

and Chappell Hill

srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Client just reported snow in Hockley.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

Candy Cane wrote:
redneckweather wrote:Just got home and didn't see a flake on the way home. Hardly even a drizzle here at the house. Temp back up to 42 when it was 37 earliar.
Where are you at? Snow has been mixed with rain--if not all snow at some points across southern, western and northern Montgomery County. I don't see how you always miss it.

LOL!!! I'm tellin ya, snow doesn't like me at all so stay away from me. :D I'm not even 3 minutes southeast of Lake Conroe Dam off of Hwy 105. My wife saw good flurries at the house around 2 and more closer to Conroe around 2:45 when she went and picked up my son from school. I didn't see a single flurry on the way home. It is now sitting at 42.2 degrees and hardly even a drizzle. I see more precip trying to move in. Let's see what happens.
ThunderMan

Pic from Round Rock..

Image Image
redneckweather

I got sleet here at the house and lots of it.
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

redneckweather wrote:
Candy Cane wrote:

LOL!!! I'm tellin ya, snow doesn't like me at all so stay away from me. :D I'm not even 3 minutes southeast of Lake Conroe Dam off of Hwy 105. My wife saw good flurries at the house around 2 and more closer to Conroe around 2:45 when she went and picked up my son from school. I didn't see a single flurry on the way home. It is now sitting at 42.2 degrees and hardly even a drizzle. I see more precip trying to move in. Let's see what happens.
Trust me, it doesn't like me either. I'm going to be eating a TON of crow if it doesn't snow here--an least enough to make it white. I've been talking about this for a week. I have no idea why I like snow so much, because it puts me in a horrible mood when it snows everywhere but here. If not this week, there's the hope of next weeks system that could bring the 4th snow event of the season to the Houston area.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It would sure help if those of you posting reports of what you're seeing or asking about the weather in "your location" would update your profiles and put your location in there. I can't remember where everyone is and "sleeting at my house" doesn't help much if we haven't a clue where you live.

...and now, back to our regularly-scheduled snow event.
Last edited by wxman57 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

ticka1

Rain and tiny sleet in mont belvieu baytown hubby seen it on the dog's fur as he was walking him outside.
AggieBuckeye

I'm seeing a higher confidence of a similar storm at the beginning of next week. I-45 between Corsicana and The Woodlands could be under the gun again.
sleetstorm

Snow has already entered northwestern Harris County and is still making its way to Baytown which is where I live. My uncle and his wife live in Conroe so they ought to be receiving a mix rain and snow or sleet right now. The snow is also traversing the Katy Freeway too, so the city of Houston ought to be getting mixture of this prior changing over to all snow before midnight tonight.
brazoria_county22

wxman57 wrote:It would sure help if those of you posting reports of what you're seeing or asking about the weather in "your location" would update your profiles and put your location in there. I can't remember where everyone is and "sleeting at my house" doesn't help much if we haven't a clue where you live.

how in the heck do u change it????
BigNorthSide

wxman57 wrote:It would sure help if those of you posting reports of what you're seeing or asking about the weather in "your location" would update your profiles and put your location in there. I can't remember where everyone is and "sleeting at my house" doesn't help much if we haven't a clue where you live.

Done! ;)
  • Information