February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Radar trends are filling in S of San Antonio. Seeing some good lifting now SW of SA as the Upper Air disturbance approaches W Central TX near Sonora...

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid= ... 1&loop=yes
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
nuby3

I don't understand how people can not like snow.. it's awesome. I saw 5 feet come down in the Sierra Nevada once.. can't get enough. I have a feeling today is going to be a lot of fun. Snowmen in The Woodlands today...
rnmm

I seen this morning on the live news that our chances of snow here my area aren't so good, so for those of you who do get it have lots of fun!! The town where I graduated, which is Mexia, is getting LOTS of snow right now they said!! YAY for all of you who do get it today I am excited for y'all :D :D
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
biggerbyte

redneckweather wrote:biggerbyte, I don't recall saying it wasn't going to snow because I'm pretty confident that it will. With temps being where they are currently, you wouldn't think snow was on the way. That is all. 8-)
No need to get your panties in a bunch... lol

I was simply commenting on your statement that left little doubt you had our upcoming snow event in question. Maybe you should have said what you actually meant to say then??? Sorry, but I have not mastered my mind reading skills yet.. Wink! Wink!

Have a good one, red.

BB
brazoria_county22

rnmm wrote:I seen this morning on the live news that our chances of snow here my area aren't so good, so for those of you who do get it have lots of fun!! The town where I graduated, which is Mexia, is getting LOTS of snow right now they said!! YAY for all of you who do get it today I am excited for y'all :D :D

where r u at?
kayci

nuby3 wrote:I don't understand how people can not like snow.. it's awesome. I saw 5 feet come down in the Sierra Nevada once.. can't get enough. I have a feeling today is going to be a lot of fun. Snowmen in The Woodlands today...
Everyone has their own preference.
rnmm

brazoria_county22 wrote:
rnmm wrote:I seen this morning on the live news that our chances of snow here my area aren't so good, so for those of you who do get it have lots of fun!! The town where I graduated, which is Mexia, is getting LOTS of snow right now they said!! YAY for all of you who do get it today I am excited for y'all :D :D

where r u at?
brazoria I am in Santa Fe and Texas City (work and home respectively)
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
txsnowmaker

Here is some video posted about 45 minutes ago from Avery Ranch, which I believe is about halfway between Austin and Georgetown:

http://www.kvue.com/younews/85039452.html
brazoria_county22

rnmm wrote:
brazoria_county22 wrote:

where r u at?
brazoria I am in Santa Fe and Texas City (work and home respectively)
well we still have a chance! all we can ask for right now.I know it wont stick but if we can see it flying threw the air later tonight that would be cool right? lol 8-)
AggieBuckeye

Yep, every one has their preference. I hate Texas from May until Mid-October, yet I choose to live here. I'll take a business friendly state and put up with the miserable weather, over the cesspool dying states in the upper midwest and northeast. I would take their nice, 4 distinct seasons in a heartbeat.
  • Information