February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cromagnum

Tim Keller over on ABC is so full of crap. He came right out and said "we never expected any more than a trace to an inch of snow" when all along everyone has been touting 4-5 inches. I wish I could change my answers when I'm wrong and then act smug thinking I was correct the whole time.
trlburns

a very light drizzle 290/barker cypress...this is only the very beginning
TexasBreeze

You're taking the lack of frozen precip real lightly clute! hehehe I will be upset if I don't see any real snow falling in the air!
Snowman

all of our fun is in waco

will we ever get real snow or is this it?
wxman666

Steady wind driven flurries...getting heavier here in Cypress (290 & Mueshke area).
Ready for severe weather season!!
vbhoutex

ticka1 wrote:where is jeff - haven't heard from him in awhile?

how long is this suppose to last - will it be an all night event with eventual accumulations?
Should be. Probably will wake up to falling snow.
Frigid Aggie

Paul wrote:
Frigid Aggie wrote:Mostly lite drizzle falling in Pearland. Pavestone in back yard starting to look wet. Not freezing on surfaces just yet
I have snow.....tiny light flakes but its snow....not sticking though...need more to cool off surface temps...
It has changed over to a very lite snow for me again now too. Just went out side to check.

Small water dots are visible on the pavestone. We must be just a touch over freezing right now.
wxman666

perk wrote:
jeff wrote:Really starting to look like US 59 from Wharton to downtown and 20 miles either side is going to be one location that is going to get some higher totals. Constant banding in this region

Jeff i live in Richmond, Crabb River Rd and 762. We've been getting freezing rain for hours.
I have some good friends in that area. Please let us know of any road problems.
Ready for severe weather season!!
kwoodwx

Still very lite frozen drizzle in kingwood area. Have to cover streetlight with my hand to see it, haha
clute28

TexasBreeze wrote:You're taking the lack of frozen precip real lightly clute! hehehe I will be upset if I don't see any real snow falling in the air!
Oh man I'm having a blast. Reguardless..I'm sitting outside in a lawnchair darting bluebell ice cream!(cookies n cream)
cisa

Trying to decide whether to watch a bit longer or go to bed. Any guesses about se Montgomery Cty?
No rain, no rainbows.
relic57

Flurries really picking up in intensity here in Atascocita :D
HouTXmetro

Heavy Convection is way up near Dallas area, has the dry air taken a toll on our chances...looks like we will see something but I was expecting more impressive convection like we are seeing well to our north somewhere near our vicinity. It just isn't happening .......(yet?)
Snowman

cisa wrote:Trying to decide whether to watch a bit longer or go to bed. Any guesses about se Montgomery Cty?
yes also here in cypress should i got to bed for about 3 hours then wake up and see what is happening because nothing is happening right now...
djmike

Bostwick on KFDM says Beaumont and the Golden Triangle should start to see the real action between 3am-9am!
Oh and Clute....you are too funny! Enjoy that ice cream! :D
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

The dry air is really being filtered out as the storms north are back building. I have a feeling tomm morning we could have some good back building.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
nuby3

IT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN UNTIL AFTER MIDNITE. I'VE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE ALL DAY. AFTER MIDNITE. ITS 11. NOT 12.
Paul

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/? ... &wmo=99999

check out local temps.....Pearland dewpoint has risen to 27F and surface temps dropping now down to 31F due to precip...
southerngale

We have a fatality in Jefferson County. :(
We wanted snow, not ice.

Ice on road factor in fatal accident

February 03, 2011 10:00 PM

Icy conditions were a factor in a fatal accident Thursday night in Port Arthur.

The accident happened about 8pm at Twin City Highway and Highway 136.

Investigators say several vehicles collided due to ice on the road.

A 43-year-old woman from Bridge City died in the wreck.

The victim's name has not yet been released.
biggerbyte

Nothing has changed, folks. The action is well west, north, and east of S. E. Texas. The precip. is so light in our area that I'm not seeing it on any of the various radars. Oh well! It's nice that some of you are seeing a sprit or two. I suppose something is better than nothing.

Wxman57 going to bed, and not staying on the job, should be a clue as to what the night has in store. I'm not going to stay awake either waiting for that stray snowflake to hit me on the head. Lol

Have fun...
  • Information