Houston GRLevel3 Radar

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

Hey everyone, during times of active weather, I will try and upload the latest radar imagery to my web server at the link below. Now it won't be running all the time due to bandwidth issues but I will try and have it up especially during weather events but will also might have it running for more typical convection around here so that you all can have a more detailed radar image than can be found online. I will have different overlays on sometimes as well, such as surface observations and USPLN Lightning data. If significant severe weather is impacting a particular region I will try and zoom into that region and will have street level mapping for the Houston metro area. I will post an update to this topic to let you all know each time I have it up and running. In the future I am looking towards having it up on a more permanent basis.

Direct Link to Reflectivity data
http://weather.xonelabs.com/khgx_br1.png

Link to other radar products
http://weather.xonelabs.com/radar.htm
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

Update:
The radar will be up periodically today as we are seeing scattered shower and thunderstorms developing across the region. Right now they are most numerous north of I-10.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks svrwx0503 and I stuck it for you. I looked at the maps and they look great. That sea-breeze looks like it is coming in from the south and could spark some strong storms near the metro area.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

Yeah' we're starting to get into peak heating and it's very noticeable on radar. A boundary collision appears likely in our "central zones" within the next couple of hours.
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

I zoomed in a little bit more. Watching the cell in southern San Jacinto county right now. Radar indicating the possibility for some 1''+ diameter hail. Seeing a strong updraft signature with that storm and little motion noted; however a drift towards the WSW is possible.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea also one other thing I noticed is the outflow to the north which shows up well on a GR radar, is heading south and the sea-breeze is coming in. Those could meet up somewhere around Harris county and points west and east. Should be a stormy afternoon.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great svrwx0503. Thank you for your efforts! :mrgreen:
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

Stopped the radar upload as convection has now died down with the loss of daytime heating.
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

For those interested I have the radar on currently viewing the severe thunderstorms around the Corsicana, TX area which have had a history of producing hail and a confirmed tornado. I will keep the radar up for a bit since things have been so quiet around here.

This time since the radar site has changed so has the first link (from KHGX to KFWS)...

http://weather.xonelabs.com/kfws_br1.png
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

Radar will be up in 5min.

http://weather.xonelabs.com/khgx_br1.png

Link to other radar products
http://weather.xonelabs.com/radar.htm
kayci

Speaking of radars, is that light rain I see moving towards galv. county tonight????
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

We had a front move through about 30 minutes ago in NW Harris County. It could be.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
svrwx0503
Pro Met
Pro Met

Update...
There have been some issues with the Level3 radar servers recently. They have either been down or only updating ever so often. I have applied some patches to the program which hopefully will fix the server problems before our next shot at some active weather.
  • Information