wxdata Dan Meador 1951-2010

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
MelissaS2008

My condolences to Dan's family, friends and co-workers on the news of his passing.
missmyfreckles

RIP Sir. Be at peace.
ThunderMan

I certainly hate to hear this about Dan. The meteorologist world has lost a good one. He will truly be missed around here. Thoughts and prayers to all of Dan's family and friends.
biggerbyte

I've been watching the videos of Dan on YouTube. The one showing him singing was amazing.
There are not any tears left to cry. Why is it always the good people who must suffer? Dan is all over this forum. I hope you all realize his pain and sacrifice while helping build this forum to be what it is today. Many of his posts were not to long before his journey on this earth was ending. It is going to be sad and difficult to carry on, but we can not let what he dreamed, and his hard work be in vein.

Arizona Desert loved Dan so much. Sometimes we look back at ourselves and we look like a fool.

God bless Dan Meador and his family.
Paul

Thoughts and prayers to all of Dan's family and friends. When I first came to KHOU during the 2004 season he taught me a lot of things and helped expand my knowledge of weather. I will never forget him...

Paul
biggerbyte

Dan is all over google now. He even made the New York Times.
Lily

I'm so sad to hear of Dan's passing. I will keep his family in my prayers. Dan was always such a great guy, very smart and always had great answers and never made anyone feel less than. Dan was a great person to deal with some of the things here and past forums with such stride. I am so glad to have "known" him in the short stint that I did on the forums. Dan will be missed by many. Rest in Peace Dan among the skies you watched so diligently.

I know more than a few on the basement are saddened by the news as well.
~Lily~
djjordan

I've just felt so empty inside since I heard the news. It's surreal to me. This is going to take some time for me to put this in perspective. I feel so bad about this. I never in a million years would have ever thought this would happen. I don't think any of us did. I'm trying to get "excited" about the potential tropical development in the Gulf but it's so hard to knowing that Dan isn't going to chime in with his wisdom. But yet, I know he is chiming in. He made this forum .... he brought all of us together .... This is part of his legacy and he needs us to trudge on and keep people informed and updated.
I was on the shores of Clear Lake last night and I saw the most beautiful rain shaft that literally was glowing to my southwest. I was thinking of Dan right when I saw it and thought...."This has got to be Dan's way of saying ... I am still here with all of you!!!!"
I have learned this weekend not to take anyone for granted ever again. Life is too short for all of us and we must love one another and respect all. Even as Biggerbyte said ... AZ loved Dan so much. This was true....even as annoying as he was!!!!!
Dan you have taught all of us alot!!!! I will never forget you my friend. May God continue to bless you. ....Oh ...can you have God throw a little rain our way .... it's gettin kind of dry!!!!! Thanks ;)
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Prayers for Dan and his family at church today. May he spend eternity in the company of the Lord, and may his family be comforted.

He did a wonderful job setting up this board. Lets try to make it a testament and tribute ti his memory.
Agreed. I still can not believe he is gone. I still half expect him to pop back up and say..ha ha hailing frequencies are back open.....very sad. When is the funeral?
Rip76

This is so sad to me.
Dan was a friend I never got to meet in person.

My wife came into the living room yesterday and said, "Your friend passed away."
For some reason I knew who she was referring to.

I remember many late nights on the boards with Dan.
(Katrina, Rita, Ike, Thunderstorms and Snow)
A really humorous and generous man that taught me a lot about weather.
You are missed.

RIP Dan.
  • Information