Remnants of Matthew Inland Over Southern Mexico

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today's 12Z version of the GFS suggests a large Hurricane entering the Gulf SW of Florida...moving NE...
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Met Tech
Pro Met
Pro Met

srainhoutx wrote:
Today's 12Z version of the GFS suggests a large Hurricane entering the Gulf SW of Florida...moving NE...
Very interesting since it's been so consistent in development. I sure hope I can get to the bottom of Josh's Kestrel problem before another chase comes up.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

What is becoming rather clear is that we will see the genesis of a large storm in the NW Caribbean in the next 6-10 days. Where this cyclone ends up is pure speculation at this point. The worrisome point is that area of the NW Caribbean has a history of spawning some Hurricane names that will not soon be forgotten. We will see what the other guidance offers today.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Met Tech wrote:
srainhoutx wrote:
Very interesting since it's been so consistent in development. I sure hope I can get to the bottom of Josh's Kestrel problem before another chase comes up.
I've been thinking about that as well, Cory. Contruction of some sort of 'shield' without affecting the readings and performance of the Kestrel is certainly a challenge.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

12Z Canadian has settled down and now shows development in the SW Caribbean @ 144 hours..

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Met Tech
Pro Met
Pro Met

My model is doing similar to what the CMC was doing before changing its mind today. This is 12Z Sep 25th and it's paralleling Cuba at the time.

sambucol

srainhoutx wrote:12Z Canadian has settled down and now shows development in the SW Caribbean @ 144 hours..
Is there anything preventing this storm from heading our way on the upper TX coast?
sambucol

Met Tech wrote:My model is doing similar to what the CMC was doing before changing its mind today. This is 12Z Sep 25th and it's paralleling Cuba at the time.
http://www.sanfordlabs.com/WRF/caribbean1.png
What would that mean for the track in the GOM?
Met Tech
Pro Met
Pro Met

sambucol wrote:
I only ran it out to 144 hours, but at the time it was on a track straight for the Gulf. I'm rerunning it out to 180 now just out of curiosity.
sambucol

Met Tech wrote:
sambucol wrote:
I only ran it out to 144 hours, but at the time it was on a track straight for the Gulf. I'm rerunning it out to 180 now just out of curiosity.
Ok. I'm curious if Texas is possibly at target.
  • Information