Chasing Karl/ Full Chase Report Up

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Josh is heading N toward Jose Cardel from Vera Cruz. The center with the latest RECON fixes suggest Karl will make landfall just S of Jose Cardel .
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Paul

I think I would go just about anywhere to chase a hurricane other than Mexico in this day and age......heard its not to pleasant down there...
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

It appears from all accounts that Josh has made a successful intercept. Scott should provide an update shortly. Josh is very experienced with Mexico intercepts and hopefully the data that he has recorded and collected will be useful to the NHC in reanalysis of Karl. Josh is a stickler for accurate data, and that will prove most helpful in the information he has obtained.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Scott747

Paul wrote:I think I would got just about anywhere to chase a hurricane other than Mexico in this day and age......heard its not to pleasant down there...
It's his third chase in barely a year. So far he hasn't come across any issues.
Scott747

srainhoutx wrote:It appears from all accounts that Josh has made a successful intercept. Scott should provide an update shortly. Josh is very experienced with Mexico intercepts and hopefully the data that he has recorded and collected will be useful to the NHC in reanalysis of Karl. Josh is a stickler for accurate data, and that will prove most helpful in the information he has obtained.
Really looking like he might have intercepted the core though it still remains to be seen as I can't 100 percent confirm. I know he had to of been close though and we should know sometime this afternoon or evening.

Can't wait for the pressure readings and the wind data from BASTARD.
Scott747

For those interested... Full chase report is up. As usual Josh takes you inside the chase and is a great read -

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php ... p__5117756

My season is quickly winding down as I don't see to many more threats for the WGOM unless we get a oddball system. Would go after something in the NGOM if worthwhile but start traveling extensively rather soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see Josh have another chase left for the YP. Has been a odd season so far with all the early hyperactive calls that for the most part the CONUS has seen limited action to this point. Never know what this last month and a half could bring though with the late season ideas that are floating around.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow what a great read. I really suggest everyone read it. Hopefully Josh joins the forum as he would be a great addition to it.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see Josh is in the house... :mrgreen:

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
HurricaneJosh

Hey, folks-- how's it going? Thanks, Steve, for inviting me here. Cool forum. :)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

We look a bit different that 2008, don't we? Welcome aboard the local Houston weather board, again. Great and knowledgeable folks, Josh. And a lot of laughs at times as well.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
HurricaneJosh

srainhoutx wrote:We look a bit different that 2008, don't we? Welcome aboard the local Houston weather board, again. Great and knowledgeable folks, Josh. And a lot of laughs at times as well.
Thanks, Steve! It's cool to be a member of a TX-focused weather forum, as I really dig TX hurricanes, and-- as Scott well knows-- TX is by far my favorite chase turf. Nothing like the combination of powerful cyclones and miles and miles of easy-to-navigate coastal highways. 8-)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great teamwork with Karl. With Scott's direction, you managed to get in the eye of a very small cyclone. Tough to accomplish and by the way, any plans for Matthew?

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
HurricaneJosh

srainhoutx wrote:Great teamwork with Karl. With Scott's direction, you managed to get in the eye of a very small cyclone. Tough to accomplish and by the way, any plans for Matthew?
Hey, thanks. It was hard, I'll say that! Scott was a star with the radar analysis. 8-)

Scott and I have been discussing Matthew a lot today. We're on Yellow Alert for it. The big question is whether it'll plow into Nicaragua/Honduras or miss to the N. If it misses, it could be a very strong cyclone by the time it gets to Belize.

So, the more it gains latitude, the more likely a chase becomes. Scott and I agree I'd need to head there no later than Saturday, if I'm going to go after it. I'd say right now the odds are against the desired setup, but who knows? We're just kind of watching at this point.
Mr. T

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Josh posts here? Kewl, as they say in France.

I can't get on EasternWx, maybe visiting the AP there has gotten me exiled.
go here:
http://www.dabenchmark.com/index.php?showtopic=33597
  • Information