Chasing Karl/ Full Chase Report Up

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
HurricaneJosh

srainhoutx wrote:We look a bit different that 2008, don't we? Welcome aboard the local Houston weather board, again. Great and knowledgeable folks, Josh. And a lot of laughs at times as well.
Thanks, Steve! It's cool to be a member of a TX-focused weather forum, as I really dig TX hurricanes, and-- as Scott well knows-- TX is by far my favorite chase turf. Nothing like the combination of powerful cyclones and miles and miles of easy-to-navigate coastal highways. 8-)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great teamwork with Karl. With Scott's direction, you managed to get in the eye of a very small cyclone. Tough to accomplish and by the way, any plans for Matthew?
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
HurricaneJosh

srainhoutx wrote:Great teamwork with Karl. With Scott's direction, you managed to get in the eye of a very small cyclone. Tough to accomplish and by the way, any plans for Matthew?
Hey, thanks. It was hard, I'll say that! Scott was a star with the radar analysis. 8-)

Scott and I have been discussing Matthew a lot today. We're on Yellow Alert for it. The big question is whether it'll plow into Nicaragua/Honduras or miss to the N. If it misses, it could be a very strong cyclone by the time it gets to Belize.

So, the more it gains latitude, the more likely a chase becomes. Scott and I agree I'd need to head there no later than Saturday, if I'm going to go after it. I'd say right now the odds are against the desired setup, but who knows? We're just kind of watching at this point.
Mr. T

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Josh posts here? Kewl, as they say in France.

I can't get on EasternWx, maybe visiting the AP there has gotten me exiled.
go here:
http://www.dabenchmark.com/index.php?showtopic=33597
  • Information