Hurricane Alex. 40 Miles NNE of La Pesca. 100 MPH/948MB

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxdata wrote:
srainhoutx wrote:Hopefully wxdata has a ball of string and bailing wax ready... :mrgreen:

In total there are 51 users online :: 13 registered, 3 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Chewing gum and duct tape- works every time. If push comes to shove, I guess we could always fire up the old board (gag...)
:lol:

In total there are 58 users online :: 11 registered, 2 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 61 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

Andrew wrote: Speaking of that do y'all need donations? Would that help sustain the forum during high traffic and bandwidth periods?
Luckily we're spending KHOU's money here! LOL
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxdata wrote:
Andrew wrote: Speaking of that do y'all need donations? Would that help sustain the forum during high traffic and bandwidth periods?

I understand I just also remember khou's attempts to stop the forums and I just didn't know if this was another one of their attempts.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

Andrew wrote:
wxdata wrote:

I understand I just also remember khou's attempts to stop the forums and I just didn't know if this was another one of their attempts.
It's mostly us joking around (mostly..)
TxMomof2

I had to re-register since I couldn't remember my password. I haven't been on in a long time! It is nice to see some familiar names on here. I hope y'all never stop posting about and tracking these storms.

Thank you for all the good information. I'm watching with a great deal of interest. :-)
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxdata wrote:
Andrew wrote:
wxdata wrote: Speaking of that do y'all need donations? Would that help sustain the forum during high traffic and bandwidth periods?

It's mostly us joking around (mostly..)[/quote]

;) I know.
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHC- back to TS!

WTNT31 KNHC 280234
TCPAT1
BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM ALEX ADVISORY NUMBER 10
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL012010
1000 PM CDT SUN JUN 27 2010

...ALEX REGAINS TROPICAL STORM STRENGTH...

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...19.4N 91.3W
ABOUT 60 MI...100 KM WSW OF CAMPECHE MEXICO
ABOUT 470 MI...755 KM ESE OF TAMPICO MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH...75 KM/HR
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 7 MPH...11 KM/HR
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...991 MB...29.26 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES OR WARNINGS IN EFFECT.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

TxMomof2 wrote:I had to re-register since I couldn't remember my password. I haven't been on in a long time! It is nice to see some familiar names on here. I hope y'all never stop posting about and tracking these storms.

Thank you for all the good information. I'm watching with a great deal of interest. :-)

Welcome back! Just an FYI. We have many folks signing up and joining back into the New Weather Fourm. We are glad you've found us again.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
TxMomof2

srainhoutx wrote:
TxMomof2 wrote:I had to re-register since I couldn't remember my password. I haven't been on in a long time! It is nice to see some familiar names on here. I hope y'all never stop posting about and tracking these storms.

Welcome back! Just an FYI. We have many folks signing up and joining back into the New Weather Fourm. We are glad you've found us again.
Thank you. :-)
Diva

Anybody else have a headache from squinting at the computer? Ugh! It's gonna be a long season!! :roll:

Glad I found you guys again! I still had the old forum bookmarked....ewww!
"Tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway.....so bring on the rain."
Mr. T

Latest recon fixes suggest Alex is currently drifting SW, and the center is defnitely west of the NHC track at this time. The storm has slowed to a crawl, likely due to land friction and the inner core trying to reestablish itself.

There is very little change to the NHC track @ 10 pm
Stormrider

Diva wrote:Anybody else have a headache from squinting at the computer? Ugh! It's gonna be a long season!! :roll:

Glad I found you guys again! I still had the old forum bookmarked....ewww!
Welcome back Diva and all.

No headache yet but coffee would be good right about now.
sleetstorm

It looks like the center of circulation is over the Gulf of Mexico to me, at least the last time that I viewed it. Also, what is the troughs' current status?
Last edited by sleetstorm on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. T

The 0z NAM takes Alex northwestward toward the TX/MX border and stalls it offshore
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr. T wrote:The 0z NAM takes Alex northwestward toward the TX/MX border and stalls it offshore

Terrible run. Has it go there then south then east....
niner21

This thing looks like it's almost on shore, on the coast of Mexico. I don't see how there's any way it can come north. Never say never but, never.... I'd not worry if I were a Houstonian. Maybe the next one. We'll probably eat some rain from it, probably it. I'm not even an amatuer so don't flame me to hard.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

niner21 wrote:This thing looks like it's almost on shore, on the coast of Mexico. I don't see how there's any way it can come north. Never say never but, never.... I'd not worry if I were a Houstonian. Maybe the next one. We'll probably eat some rain from it, probably it. I'm not even an amatuer so don't flame me to hard.

How? It is not even close to the Mexico border. What do you see that I don't?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

sleetstorm wrote: Also, what is the troughs' current status?
http://wxweb.meteostar.com/models/noaap ... te/SYS/WV/

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
ticka1

I just remember IKE and how the NHC had it towards South Texas on Monday - when I began making preps and getting supplies and on Wednesday they changed to Galveston. Two days for most folks to try and get ready. I don't doubt the NHC they are the authority but they aren't perfect.

I will continue to watch and wait and monitor Alex.....but i'm not convinced its going to mexico.......
Hardcoreweather

GFS you are wanted for impersonating the xtrap model

Last edited by Hardcoreweather on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Information