February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
perk

jeff wrote:Really starting to look like US 59 from Wharton to downtown and 20 miles either side is going to be one location that is going to get some higher totals. Constant banding in this region

Jeff i live in Richmond, Crabb River Rd and 762. We've been getting freezing rain for hours.
gent500

Very very light grainy precip falling now (barely visible) at my house about 2 miles NW of Willowbrook mall.
Texashawk

Pretty significant drizzle - it's uncomfortable to look up into it. Curbs starting to freeze over. This is Sienna Plantation, near Missouri City. Seems plenty cold enough for snow... had a few flakes earlier but back to hard drizzle now.
noname_77065

The only thing happening here in Central TX is freezing drizzle. This is going to be a real mess tonight. The roads are icing over fast because we've been below freezing since Tuesday morning.
sambucol

Light drizzle just started in Baytown.
Snowman

is the precip going to get any heavier because if not then this is not worth being up for...
clute28

Maybe ill go wash my truck..or get the hose and squirt my roof and make ice fangs
cisa

Any ideas about chances for east Montgomery County /porter area? :?
No rain, no rainbows.
Paul

Frigid Aggie wrote:Mostly lite drizzle falling in Pearland. Pavestone in back yard starting to look wet. Not freezing on surfaces just yet
I have snow.....tiny light flakes but its snow....not sticking though...need more to cool off surface temps...
helloitsb

we are getting a drizzle now starting to get stuff wet
  • Information