February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Paul

CAK wrote:I mentioned a few pages back if you look at radar, the moisture seems to be getting pushed back off coast and south. Is this expected? Why do I have a feeling we may not see nearly as much moisture as predicted.
because the ULL is in MX....hasnt ejected yet across Texas...but it will.....

33 here under clear sky in Pearland...might make 30F tonight or maybe upper 20's if it stays clear...
medicalgirl32

This is what my brother says...of course he is not a professional in any way! :roll:
And I do not necessarilly agree! But what can i say we are bored at the hospital all day waiting and glued to the forum.

"A big bust from the get go. Temps will not get as low tonight and the upper low over NM has shifted east not taking the dive south as the models indicated. The moisture in the Gulf is moving south and east into LA. To many variables that did not come together. Great snow maker for central and north TX. IMO."
biggerbyte

srainhoutx wrote:Bad choice of words, BB. None of our Pro Mets have been 'cocky'.

Okay, now this is getting ridiculous, Steve. Maybe you now need to re-read my comments as well? Please show me where I said any Pro Met was being cocky? I believe I did not.. Please feel free to correct me. Some of the non professionals/posters have been at times, however. As a matter of fact, the person I was speaking to just now was being cocky with me. I'm completely lost and taken back by this unfortunate and inaccurate comment of yours.

You know what? I've given my opinion about this event like everyone else. I wanted to be more objective/less hype should this event fall apart on us all. It seems that I'm not falling into the "click", and have ruffled some snow covered feathers.
I'm glad all of you are in agreement and all is good. BB will just keep his opinion to himself.

I hope you all get what you want out of this.

Tootles....
Paul

Whose being "cocky"? not me....just enjoying the show and trying to answer some questions.
Paul

medicalgirl32 wrote:This is what my brother says...of course he is not a professional in any way! :roll:
And I do not necessarilly agree! But what can i say we are bored at the hospital all day waiting and glued to the forum.

"A big bust from the get go. Temps will not get as low tonight and the upper low over NM has shifted east not taking the dive south as the models indicated. The moisture in the Gulf is moving south and east into LA. To many variables that did not come together. Great snow maker for central and north TX. IMO."

your brother is going against every model guidance available.....glad I am not going to Vegas with him!! :D

That ULL is in NMX still digging south. it was in AZ earlier today......tell him to pull a WV loop...:)
cristina99

medicalgirl32 wrote:This is what my brother says...of course he is not a professional in any way! :roll:

Is he trying to stir the pot? :o I'll be very disappointed if I wake up tomorrow and David Paul has some sad news to report. :cry:
skidog38

the DOOR just opened.
helloitsb

cristina99 wrote:

Is he trying to stir the pot? :o I'll be very disappointed if I wake up tomorrow and David Paul has some sad news to report. :cry:
I really think that if this were the case our fine pro mets on the forum and NWS (HGX) would jump all over it, with schools starting to close and roads being taken care of this would have to get out pretty quickly
MRG93415

skidog38 wrote:the DOOR just opened.

Meaning?????
cristina99

will check in first thing tommorrow morning. gotta go to bed - although i'm so excited, i'm sure I'll have problem sleeping. I'm sure there'll be lots of reading for me to do. :)
  • Information