February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
ramona01

With the sun now peeking through, any thoughts (guesses) as to whether and how much the temps may rebound this afternoon before dropping again?
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

ramona01 wrote:With the sun now peeking through, any thoughts (guesses) as to whether and how much the temps may rebound this afternoon before dropping again?
Little, if any. Strong CAA pouring is off-setting it. Expect temps to either hold steady or continue to drop. Many areas across Houston are now below freezing or very close to it.
snowman65

southerngale wrote:
snowman65 wrote:
hlewis wrote:David Paul said "widespread snow". That has put my excitement over the tipping point!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm waiting to hear what Greg Bostwick says about the Golden Triangle :D :D :D ....Come on, Greg.....Let us have it!!! :D
The last thing I saw from him was this on FB about 5 hours ago:

Greg Bostwick
Could see some snow and sleet in our area Thursday night into Friday. Too early to tell yet if we will see any accumulations. Watch tonight at 5 and 6 and I'll have the latest.

James Brown was on News at Noon. I saw some of it. Looks like they have 40% snow? for Thursday and 70% snow/sleet and possibly freezing rain for Friday. It was a new graphic spitting out lots of frozen precip. :)
Yea, I saw saw James Browns report......According to the graphics it show 70% of clouds??? for Friday..lol...I'm think rain/snow event all night Thursday maybe....Wondering if they may close schools possibly......hhmmm..
weather101

New to the board...qoute from joe bastardi pro-site..."snow to I-H 10 Thur night and Fri...YES"
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

12z Euro (72 hr)

TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

12z hr 192 looks brutal...

-20 isotherm to Red River...
TexasMetBlake
Pro Met
Pro Met

weather101 wrote:New to the board...qoute from joe bastardi pro-site..."snow to I-H 10 Thur night and Fri...YES"
Hello and Welcome.

Probably more like to Huntsville or more. I suspect the entire area will see snow---and accumulations. The low is closer to the coast this go around than in '04.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I notice the 12Z Canadian shows about 1/2" of liquid precip across Houston Thu nite/Fri and the temps aloft are much colder than in earlier runs. It's now indicating snow, not rain across Houston. Could be quite an interesting snow event here Thu PM to Fri PM.
MRG93415

I dont know about you guys but it is FLIPPING cold in downtown Houston....This wind makes it colder I know but WOW.....I have to take Metro home tonight at 5:30 and this is one time I do not want to wait on a bus....BRRRRRR!!!!!
weather101

From Beaumont area...If Bostwick saying anything about frozen stuff...must be pretty good odds of seeing it. Bostwick is very conservative when it comes to winter weather.
  • Information