More cold air on the way next week!?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
ThunderMan

Yep, I work in Round Rock and can confirm the sleet as well Portastorm :)
serenata09

What's it looking like for San Antonio?
biggerbyte

wxdata wrote:
biggerbyte wrote:Have him try google dns - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Also, run the flushdns command. I would also suggest spybot search and destroy, along with Eset nod32 antivirus.
Other than that, if there are many folks having trouble with this site, then I would suggest that srain's computer is fine.
'cuse the off subject, but I had him try the flushdns yesterday. Even had him change his DNS setting to OpenDNS to no avail. I'm taking my laptop to plug into his Uverse RG. That will tell me something right away.

Hmmm!

I would need to know the access error he is gettin. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.
txagwxman
Pro Met
Pro Met

If that Canadian is right --- which it is probably overdone, there will be significant snow fall totals for East TX/Central TX on Thu night...maybe a few spots pick up 5-6". Although it will be a very wet snow.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

txagwxman wrote:If that Canadian is right --- which it is probably overdone, there will be significant snow fall totals for East TX/Central TX on Thu night...maybe a few spots pick up 5-6". Although it will be a very wet snow.

And you see I have quoted you from another channel txagwxman..LOL The sleet around Houston Metro...a suprise?
harpman

I am curious, in the areas there reporting sleet, what are the surface temps? Has the wet bulb effect taken over?
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

wxdata wrote:
wxman57 wrote:Got a PM from srainhou that he's apparently locked out of this forum. They're working to get him back in.
He can't even access the site, which is leading me to believe it may be a virus or DNS problem for him. I'm heading to his house this afternoon with my IT briefcase to get him back on line. That's why the post from Christine Di Stadio if anyone else was having issues..
I can get here, but not to the S2K site now...
DougNTexas

It is about 40 here in the tyler/longview area. dewpoints are 20 degrees. Cloudy, with no moisture at present. I hope that transcends to snow later on
hlewis

tiny sleet again in wharton county!
swmmom

Hi everyone!!! Just joined after lurking for some time.

Can any of the promets on the site specifically speak of Bryan, Texas and what we might get and when? I keeping getting excited and anxious all at the same time but figure it will probably be like every other time and we get nothing but nasty cold rain. Bryan is about 8 miles north from College Station and see CLL being mentioned every once in a while.

Thanks so much in advance.

Swimmom of future 2016 Olympian
  • Information