wxdata Dan Meador 1951-2010

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
southerngale

I am saddened to hear of his passing, but glad he's not suffering anymore. May God comfort his family & friends during this very difficult time. You have been such a good friend to him, Steve, and I'll continue to pray for you.
limolnar

As an intimate friend of Dan's over the past 20 years, I will truly miss him and wish him a speedy journey. The world is certainly dimmer with his passing, but his work and memory live on in the hearts of those of us who knew him best.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Hon. Louis Ivan Molnar
txflagwaver

Reading these posts it is very evident that Dan has indeed left his mark on the world. His love for weather, technology...and yes, Star Trek was shared by many, his ability to "weatherize" any topic...pointing out how weather either affected or was affected by historical events, like posting weather radar shots after the 9/11 attacks. We learned a lot, laughed a lot...alien powers and such....and all the while he worked tirelessly to maintain this forum and update everyone here. Dan, you will be missed...be at peace...and enjoy the view...
weaman2
Pro Met
Pro Met

Just found out about Dan's passing and I am both shocked and very saddened. I last saw him on the 4th of July. He looked good and his spirits seemed high. It was later I found out that he was already in a great deal of pain and was in the final stages of cancer. What a brave and couragous person he was. To keep up such a positive attitude while in pain from such a terrible disease should be inspiring to all of us. As a professional Meteorologist, and self proclaimed weather geek, I always loved running into Dan at one of the bars downtown so we could talk weather. He was so personable and easy to talk to. It seemed like we could talk forever! We have certainly lost a great Meteorologist and a great person! Rest in peace Dan.
kayci

jcarr wrote:OK...watch carefully at 4 minutes..]
Oh my goodnes, thank you SO much for posting this Jcarr.... I can't stop crying. Dan was singing with so much love and enthusiasm!!! I saw him more than once in this video as the camera was panning left & right, that was absolutely beautiful!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
kb8wau

Here is a video of dan when he showed my photos on the weather http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituuoN6Dzww. RIP Dan
John

That was a wonderful posting of Dan, jcarr. Thank-you. Dan was such a kind and giving individual.
RosieSue

So very sorry to hear of Dan's passing. Rest in peace, Dan.
Dan Fan

srainhoutx wrote:I know some of you are wondering where wxdata has been. Dan has been privately battling a rare form of cancer since February. He has focused his attention to fighting this disease and continues that struggle. While he may not be around as often, he does log in occasionally and check on things as he can. We have quietly discussed this and his wishes were to keep this a private matter until a later time. Well, that time has come. Get better my friend. We miss you and we are sending you positive thoughts and best wishes for a full and complete recovery.
Today, this has been a shocking and sad news to learn of Dan's passing. The first time I met Dan, we became immediate friends. I only wish there was more time and regret not making the time available to have done more as friends.

Heart broken over the news.
Stormrider

So sad to hear about Dan's passing. His enthusiasm for weather and willingness to share his knowledge of it shined through in his every weathercast and every post on this forrum. Whether we gleefully waited for a "snow miracle" or anxiously hung on every model run of a threatening Gulf storm, This was the place you wanted to be. This was in large part to Dan.

The many remembrances of Dan posted here show that he touched a lot of people. I have no doubt that they will be a comfort to his family at this most difficult time. Keeping this forum active with lively, discussion, I think, would be a fitting way to honor his memory.

My heartfelt condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Dan. Hailing frequencies closed.
  • Information