February 2021: Arctic Outbreak/Warmup Begins

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
snowman65

Thunder and lightning and sleet, oh my....i'm not impressed with this 'epic' winter storm.
jerryh421

Heavy band moving through Houston metro
gent500

SNOW! Finally changing over to snow now for me in the Heights
TXWeatherMan

Almost done here in Montgomery county. Switched over to snow around 2:30 and since then picked up about 2 inches. Going to look beautiful in the morning.
MontgomeryCoWx

snowman65 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:36 am Thunder and lightning and sleet, oh my....i'm not impressed with this 'epic' winter storm.
Then you’ll never be impressed. Easily the most impressive I’ve ever seen here and probably will stand for life
Team #NeverSummer
gent500

Moderate snow now and just saw lightening and a clap of thunder. Thunder sounded really weird.
txsnowmaker

We’ve got a bigger problem. ERCOT said 15 minutes to an hour for rolling blackouts, but Center Point is apparently saying that due to excessive demand they’re having to cut power during rolling blackouts for longer than expected. Many including me have been out for hours so they owe a bit more of an explanation as to how long we’ll be out for and how frequently they’ll be shutting off. Apparently 12,000 megawatts of power is offline due to frozen wind turbines. Those who want us completely off reliable natural gas should take a cue and learn an important lesson in logic and reason from this event.
MontgomeryCoWx

txsnowmaker wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:02 am We’ve got a bigger problem. ERCOT said 15 minutes to an hour for rolling blackouts, but Center Point is apparently saying that due to excessive demand they’re having to cut power during rolling blackouts for longer than expected. Many including me have been out for hours so they owe a bit more of an explanation as to how long we’ll be out for and how frequently they’ll be shutting off. Apparently 12,000 megawatts of power is offline due to frozen wind turbines. Those who want us completely off reliable natural gas should take a cue and learn an important lesson in logic and reason from this event.
More than half of America is an emotion over logic crowd so don’t hold your breath.
Team #NeverSummer
txsnowmaker

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:11 am
txsnowmaker wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:02 am We’ve got a bigger problem. ERCOT said 15 minutes to an hour for rolling blackouts, but Center Point is apparently saying that due to excessive demand they’re having to cut power during rolling blackouts for longer than expected. Many including me have been out for hours so they owe a bit more of an explanation as to how long we’ll be out for and how frequently they’ll be shutting off. Apparently 12,000 megawatts of power is offline due to frozen wind turbines. Those who want us completely off reliable natural gas should take a cue and learn an important lesson in logic and reason from this event.
More than half of America is an emotion over logic crowd so don’t hold your breath.
Unfortunately you’re spot on. Seems like today’s system is just about moved out.
cperk

My wife says it was snowing here around 5am I was sleep here is what my neighborhood looks like.
Attachments
20210215_054705.jpg
20210215_054714.jpg
  • Information