Hell
Late summer
Fake fall
More summer
Repeat
redneckweather

233346.jpeg
jasons2k

Well, on Saturday they had a 50% chance of rain penciled-in for me today.

Yesterday, I had a sinking feeling when it was lowered to 30% for today.

I woke-up to tropical downpours and it’s been raining on and off all morning, and my windows are fogged-up because it’s so muggy outside. My dew point has been steadily rising this morning too. Interesting time of the year, for sure.
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am Well, on Saturday they had a 50% chance of rain penciled-in for me today.

I woke-up to tropical downpours and it’s been raining on and off all morning, and my windows are fogged-up because it’s so muggy outside. My dew point has been steadily rising this morning too. Interesting time of the year, for sure.

Sea breeze and Gulf moisture are cranking up early. October is supposed to be the rainiest month here as capping is low. We've had just a few tenths of an inch this month so far.
txbear

DoctorMu wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
jasons2k wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am Well, on Saturday they had a 50% chance of rain penciled-in for me today.

Sea breeze and Gulf moisture are cranking up early. October is supposed to be the rainiest month here as capping is low. We've had just a few tenths of an inch this month so far.
I'm just going to put it bluntly, it's atrocious and disgusting. I'm here for the rains, which if I'm not mistaken, should be driven by cool fronts and/or front overriding. Impacts to the folks in Louisiana aside (really feel for them), seems like Delta really did a number (negatively) to the NW/N flow we had going on.

I'm over it.
DoctorMu

txbear wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:33 am
DoctorMu wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

I'm just going to put it bluntly, it's atrocious and disgusting. I'm here for the rains, which if I'm not mistaken, should be driven by cool fronts and/or front overriding. Impacts to the folks in Louisiana aside (really feel for them), seems like Delta really did a number (negatively) to the NW/N flow we had going on.

I'm over it.

Agreed.

There's actually a cold front stuck between Calvert and Hearne. Emphasis on stuck.
jasons2k

That is true. In fact, west of I-35 you can see it nudging back north on the radar loops. It looks like a see-saw.
unome

thankful for rain we get today, however much - seems to penetrate the soil better than when we water & also cleans the roof & trees, etc - hearing rumbles of thunder & have had a bit already

https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer/
https://www.harriscountyfws.org/
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm That is true. In fact, west of I-35 you can see it nudging back north on the radar loops. It looks like a see-saw.
It's 15° cooler just 90 miles away in Waco. 25°F cooler heat index. Northerly breeze. So close, but so far away! :lol:
TXWeatherMan

GFS has highs next Tuesday in the upper 30’s and low 40’s around our area. Not sure I’m buying that yet lol.
  • Information