June 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
don

The 0z ICON, and CMC show a sharp left turn towards the upper Texas coast similar to today's 12z EURO fwiw.0z GFS shows a upper Texas coast landfall also but without the sharp left turn.
Cpv17

Definitely Texas bound on the 0z Euro. Very strong ridging to the north.
don

Yep it takes it towards Corpus Christi in the 0z run.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

The NHC has raised chances of tropical development to 80% across the board for the Bay of Campeche disturbance.
Attachments
two_atl_5d0 (4).png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Cpv17

srainhoutx wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:27 am The NHC has raised chances of tropical development to 80% across the board for the Bay of Campeche disturbance.
The models have this system dissipating over Mexico in a few days, but then another area emerging over the Gulf after that. Wondering if it’ll keep the same name or if we’ll move on to the D name since it looks to be a different feature?
djmike

Normally I look forward to hurricane season and the excitement of a storm forming. Now it POSSIBLY heading our direction as a hurricane. 2020 has already been hard for many. Including myself. Ive already had two covid family members suffer. This quarantine. These riots. The looting. People losing jobs. Economy downturn. Im still not at work and working from home. I usually love this time of year but this year is different and I believe not only myself but many others will officially lose it if we get a hurricane to add to this 2020 disastrous list. Im also in an area where it floods bad. Had to rebuild twice from flooding after Harvey and Imelda here in Beaumont. Hopefully things start taking a turn for the better and soon. I love hurricane season and watching storms form but this year, I just dont have the power and will anymore. Unfortunately SOMEONE will get this storm and hopefully when it comes ashore, many folks wont be affected much and it stays well below disastrous level. Prayers for all.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Cpv17

Many of the 0z Euro ensemble members have this coming to southeast Texas as anywhere between a strong tropical storm to a moderate hurricane. As always though, follow what the folks say from the NHC. I’m just a weather enthusiast with a little more knowledge than the average person.
cperk

The 12z icon has lost its mind.
cperk

It has a 974mb hurricane coming into around Galveston on 6/7.
sau27

I am genuinely curious how the lack of aircraft soundings will impact modeling for storms like this as they get closer to land. I know the hurricane hunters sample the environment around the storm but the downstream conditions are vitally important for the forecast.
  • Information