June 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
cperk

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm Wxman57 on storm2k says this is going to the upper TX coast with flooding for east TX and LA. I told them it’s too early to know for sure yet where it’s going and I got attacked saying they trust what he’s saying because he’s a pro met. I just don’t see how you could say where a system is going a whole week out with so many variables at play. I think anyone from TX to FL should keep an eye on it.

He has been wrong numerous times on tropical systems it is to far out to call a location.
davidiowx

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm Wxman57 on storm2k says this is going to the upper TX coast with flooding for east TX and LA. I told them it’s too early to know for sure yet where it’s going and I got attacked saying they trust what he’s saying because he’s a pro met. I just don’t see how you could say where a system is going a whole week out with so many variables at play. I think anyone from TX to FL should keep an eye on it.
You mean the Heat Miser? He tries to build walls on the Canadian border during the winter months lol.. He’s probably making a prediction, I haven’t read the post you are referring to yet, but I am sure he knows it’s way to early to say for certain. The odds are in his favor as NOLA and eastward appears out of the question for a “landfall” but things can and do change in the steering currents.

Depending on how this develops and what shear looks like, this could very well be a lopsided system. So let’s say it hits the upper Texas coast as a heavy sheared system, the rain and surge would be east of Texas.

We just have to wait and see for a storm to develop first.. All need to be prepared regardless as we it’s Hurricane season and everyone needs to have their kits and supplies ready. 2020 has been a crazy year so far.
Cromagnum

There is a high pressure system to the east and a new one will be to the west with any potential system shooting the gap. It will be a matter of which high pressure is stronger that dictates east or west track.
Texaspirate11

The slower the storm the more west it goes.
Its gonna be a nail biter for many.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
jasons2k

I checked on this. I agree it is too early to call, but the response wasn't an "attack." Let's not be so dramatic, please. If you had been "attacked" we would have dealt with it.
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 pm
I checked on this. I agree it is too early to call, but the response wasn't an "attack." Let's not be so dramatic, please. If you had been "attacked" we would have dealt with it.
You could’ve messaged me in private about this. Kind of embarrassing to call me “dramatic” in front of everyone on here. I care about my image a lot and really don’t want people to have any derogatory thoughts towards me.
MontgomeryCoWx

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 pm
You could’ve messaged me in private about this. Kind of embarrassing to call me “dramatic” in front of everyone on here. I care about my image a lot and really don’t want people to have any derogatory thoughts towards me.
Stop caring what people think, and life gets a lot easier. :)
Team #NeverSummer
Pas_Bon

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:31 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Stop caring what people think, and life gets a lot easier. :)

Amen.
A&M and LSU fan agrees on this one. Lol
jasons2k

All,

I respectfully ask that if you experience an issue on Storm2k, please report the post on that site and message our administrators. Or, feel free to PM me privately and I will deal with it privately.

Please don't publicly clutter this board with issues regarding Storm2k. The only reason why I replied publicly here is because the original complaint was made public, so I felt the need to address it. I apologize for any distractions here. It's going to be a busy week so let's all work together to keep the boards focused on the weather.

Thank you all.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sad that folks are worried about trivial inter board "drama" when we have far more 'concerning' issues at hand. Back to "weather"...
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Stormlover2020

Srain, u been doing ur homework?? I think this could be a interesting system to cover.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stormlover2020 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:31 pm Srain, u been doing ur homework?? I think this could be a interesting system to cover.
I'm following as much as I can during the final stages of renovating the new home. These early season monsoonal gyre systems always tend to throw a curveball or two...wink
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stay tuned..it will be an interesting week folks ..
Rip76

Yes. This is a tough one for sure.
I’m watching like crazy.
don

0z Euro is interesting it no longer has the storm go inland into Mexico and instead has the system do a loop in the BOC and makes landfall as a hurricane in the Sabine pass area fwiw. Here's the 0z EURO ensembles, still pretty spread.
Attachments
ecens_2020-06-02-00Z_186_32.409_251.341_14.745_283.234_MSLP_Surface_tracks_lows.png
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The tropics watch continues onward. So many unknowns at this point but I expect this to become TS Cristobal today. Hopefully we do not have TS Cristobal in the Central GOM early Saturday morning at 65MPH with many models pointing toward the Upper TX Coast and SW LA. Hopefully by Thursday we will have a much better idea but we may not........a tough forecast week ahead.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bad news, the ECMWF showed a much more organized system with TD3 not fully decaying and allowing for quicker reorganization over the Central Gulf. The overnight ECMWF has a landfall of a strong TS maybe weak Hurricane along the Texas/Louisiana border. The good news for us locally, is better model consensus is coming in on a solution along the border or east. The ECMWF, GFS, and UKMET have locations either at the border or into Louisiana and the Central Gulf. On top of that, historically, systems during this time of the year usually track east of the initial forecast. Please remember though this is going to be a tug of war between ridging over the Central Plains and the trough exiting the SE United States. How far to the Northeast the trough can pull TD 3 before it gets trapped under the ridge will be key. A lot to watch through the week and hopefully by Wednesday and Thursday we can get a more concrete answer where this will make landfall.
Attachments
sfcwind_mslp.us_sc.png
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Stormlover2020

Gfs and Ukmet have a bad handling right now!! Euro is king
jasons2k

If that ridge builds in, it's quite possible we may have to be more concerned with post-landfall flooding issues here, versus an initial landfall to the east of us.
Last edited by jasons2k on Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information