MAY 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
BlueJay

Hopefully this Chamber of Commerce like weather will continue into the merry month of May! :)

A little pleasantness to wash away our April Apprehension will be nice.
Cpv17

Big change on the 0z Euro. Next weekend looks like a washout now. Lining up more with the GFS now. And also now both the GFS and Euro are showing a massive cool down late next weekend into the following week.
MontgomeryCoWx

Good, mid 80s-90s (and humid) suck no matter the time of year.
Team #NeverSummer
jasons2k

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 am Good, mid 80s-90s (and humid) suck no matter the time of year.
Well my wife is in a bikini for the first time this year so I’m not complaining ;)
MontgomeryCoWx

jasons2k wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:50 pm
MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 am Good, mid 80s-90s (and humid) suck no matter the time of year.
Well my wife is in a bikini for the first time this year so I’m not complaining ;)
Touché on that point.

Yeah, mine loves the beach/heat as well. I’m the only one that loves the cold.
Team #NeverSummer
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:50 pm
It's a good thing this isn't an Aggie board or you'd be subject to Rule #1 ;)
DoctorMu

We've had really pretty good weather for a few weeks.

However, we have a short heat spell, then cools off for May.

MJO rising.

https://youtu.be/9v3wZ3QxvsA
Attachments
EXDD8ckWkAEPaG2.jpg
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey gang. I hope everyone is doing well back in Texas. I am nearing 6 months since moving to the Smokey Mountains. It's been non stop work renovating our Mountain Home and thankfully all will be completed by early June.

Western North Carolina weather is a big change from the Upper Texas Coast! Believe it or not we had frost last week! That CPC Chart suggests we may well have a freeze up here next weekend. Enjoy the weather everyone and fingers crossed I will be wearing shorts and flip flops soon enough.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Cromagnum

Hope the cool comes back soon. It was nice for a day but yard work was pretty hot today.
unome

srainhoutx wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:33 am Hey gang. I hope everyone is doing well back in Texas. I am nearing 6 months since moving to the Smokey Mountains. It's been non stop work renovating our Mountain Home and thankfully all will be completed by early June.

Western North Carolina weather is a big change from the Upper Texas Coast! Believe it or not we had frost last week! That CPC Chart suggests we may well have a freeze up here next weekend. Enjoy the weather everyone and fingers crossed I will be wearing shorts and flip flops soon enough.
good to hear from you & wishing y'all the best in your new home - stay safe & healthy, we all miss you :)
  • Information