February 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 am

For my location, the NWS lowered temps about 10 degrees, across the board for next week. They had me with highs in the 70's, now it's the 60's.

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 pm

I’ve already reached my forecast high today of 67.

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:54 pm

jasons2k wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 pm
I’ve already reached my forecast high today of 67.
Edit: I had a high of 75. An 8-degree bust.

Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: North-West Houston
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Andrew » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook

Cpv17
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Cpv17 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
Looks like north of I-10 will be the big winner with this event. Not looking like much of an event south of 10.

Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: North-West Houston
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Andrew » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:58 am

Cpv17 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Andrew wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
Looks like north of I-10 will be the big winner with this event. Not looking like much of an event south of 10.
Looks like most everyone should get at least some rain, but north (and east) of 10 do look like the most favorable areas. With that said, these areas do need it more than areas along the coast. Either way, should be a little bit of a relief for most.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Euro and Canadian have freezing temps in the Brazos Valley around Valentines Day and just after the 20th. Promises, promises.



Spring in BCS = Severe Season. Be prepared. It already looked a bit like soupy severe season this afternoon.

The grackles are back a bit early. Have not see mosquito hawks just yet. A couple of years ago the grackles did not appear until Mid March. NOAA proclaims the 5th warmest January ever (recorded history) in the US.
Last edited by DoctorMu on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:58 am
Cpv17 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Andrew wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
Looks like north of I-10 will be the big winner with this event. Not looking like much of an event south of 10.
Looks like most everyone should get at least some rain, but north (and east) of 10 do look like the most favorable areas. With that said, these areas do need it more than areas along the coast. Either way, should be a little bit of a relief for most.
If you like it soggy - this week is for you.

Image

Image

User avatar
snowman65
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Orange, Tx
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by snowman65 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:11 pm

last thing I need right now is more rain...

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 2758
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:41 pm

DoctorMu wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 pm
Euro and Canadian have freezing temps in the Brazos Valley around Valentines Day and just after the 20th. Promises, promises.

Spring in BCS = Severe Season. Be prepared. It already looked a bit like soupy severe season this afternoon.

The grackles are back a bit early. Have not see mosquito hawks just yet. A couple of years ago the grackles did not appear until Mid March. NOAA proclaims the 5th warmest January ever (recorded history) in the US.
The crane flies are already out and about down here. Saw a lot of them today. The azaleas are starting to bloom too.

Post Reply