February 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Beautiful SE TX weather ongoing with mostly sunny skies and temps in the mid 50s to low 60s. A patch of low clouds N of Houston dissipating and moving NE into ETX. A very nice afternoon on the way with some high clouds streaming across the sky. Enjoy!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.04.44 PM.png
jasons2k

Well now the NWS is predicting a low of 31 Wednesday night. I tend to be on the warm side, we’ll see, but I may be covering things and bringing plants in one more time just to be safe.
redneckweather

jasons2k wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am Well now the NWS is predicting a low of 31 Wednesday night. I tend to be on the warm side, we’ll see, but I may be covering things and bringing plants in one more time just to be safe.

I had a dream that all your plants died, you had them cremated and you moved back to Florida and spread their ashes on the seashore of Sanibel Island where they belonged in the first place.🤷‍♂️
MontgomeryCoWx

redneckweather wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:49 am
jasons2k wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am Well now the NWS is predicting a low of 31 Wednesday night. I tend to be on the warm side, we’ll see, but I may be covering things and bringing plants in one more time just to be safe.

I had a dream that all your plants died, you had them cremated and you moved back to Florida and spread their ashes on the seashore of Sanibel Island where they belonged in the first place.🤷‍♂️

That made me chuckle.
Team #NeverSummer
cperk

I've picked up over 2 inches of rain this morning.
Cromagnum

Not much at the house. Cats and dogs in lake jackson
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

After a mostly sunny warm day, a rather strong cold front will push off the TX Coast this evening with more sun but much cooler highs in the 50s and gusty N winds for Wednesday. A light freeze is still looking likely Thursday morning down to the NW edge of the coastal counties so remember the plants and pets. Expect lots of sun and gradually warming temps Friday through Sunday.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like clouds are finally making it to the coast. The next cold front will be some of the coldest weather we have seen this winter with lows getting close to freezing for much of the region. Across the Houston Metro, it will be a close call on if temps actually get to freezing or not. It looks like really good weather for the remainder of the week before rain chances return by early/middle of next week. Summer will be here soon enough :)
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
jasons2k

MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:26 pm

That made me chuckle.
I’m glad y’all got a chuckle and I could make your day. I got a chuckle too back in December when I read this: ;)
Actually, it is if you look at our source region the next couple of weeks coupled with the progression in the Pacific.

My target for a big blast is the 3rd-7th timeframe. Bookmark this and make fun of me or say thank you then ;)
My plants will be just fine. I can take precautions and I don’t have that many that could freeze. Nothing like the old house.

I just wan’t to see a freeze so late with everything in full bloom now. A lot of people are not as fortunate or able to protect their plants, such as the Azaleas. Even the native plants that “belong” here are blooming.

I don’t know if the peach crop has started blooming or not, but late-season freezes usually cause them headaches.

They are saying 30F here for Thursday morning.

Enjoy the little blast. That may be it until fall.
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:09 am
MontgomeryCoWx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:26 pm

That made me chuckle.
I’m glad y’all got a chuckle and I could make your day. I got a chuckle too back in December when I read this: ;)
Actually, it is if you look at our source region the next couple of weeks coupled with the progression in the Pacific.

My target for a big blast is the 3rd-7th timeframe. Bookmark this and make fun of me or say thank you then ;)
My plants will be just fine. I can take precautions and I don’t have that many that could freeze. Nothing like the old house.

I just wan’t to see a freeze so late with everything in full bloom now. A lot of people are not as fortunate or able to protect their plants, such as the Azaleas. Even the native plants that “belong” here are blooming.

I don’t know if the peach crop has started blooming or not, but late-season freezes usually cause them headaches.

They are saying 30F here for Thursday morning.

Enjoy the little blast. That may be it until fall.
I doubt it. March is usually still pretty cold. Never understood why we have spring break for the kids so early. Should be pushed back towards late March or early April.
  • Information