February 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

For my location, the NWS lowered temps about 10 degrees, across the board for next week. They had me with highs in the 70's, now it's the 60's.
jasons2k

I’ve already reached my forecast high today of 67.
jasons2k

jasons2k wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 pm I’ve already reached my forecast high today of 67.
Edit: I had a high of 75. An 8-degree bust.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Cpv17

Andrew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
Looks like north of I-10 will be the big winner with this event. Not looking like much of an event south of 10.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Andrew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm Looks like we should get a pretty good stretch of moisture over the next several days. Much needed rain across much of the southern half of the state.
Looks like north of I-10 will be the big winner with this event. Not looking like much of an event south of 10.
Looks like most everyone should get at least some rain, but north (and east) of 10 do look like the most favorable areas. With that said, these areas do need it more than areas along the coast. Either way, should be a little bit of a relief for most.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
DoctorMu

Euro and Canadian have freezing temps in the Brazos Valley around Valentines Day and just after the 20th. Promises, promises.

Spring in BCS = Severe Season. Be prepared. It already looked a bit like soupy severe season this afternoon.

The grackles are back a bit early. Have not see mosquito hawks just yet. A couple of years ago the grackles did not appear until Mid March. NOAA proclaims the 5th warmest January ever (recorded history) in the US.
Last edited by DoctorMu on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoctorMu

Andrew wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:58 am
Cpv17 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Looks like most everyone should get at least some rain, but north (and east) of 10 do look like the most favorable areas. With that said, these areas do need it more than areas along the coast. Either way, should be a little bit of a relief for most.
If you like it soggy - this week is for you.

snowman65

last thing I need right now is more rain...
jasons2k

DoctorMu wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 pm Euro and Canadian have freezing temps in the Brazos Valley around Valentines Day and just after the 20th. Promises, promises.

Spring in BCS = Severe Season. Be prepared. It already looked a bit like soupy severe season this afternoon.

The grackles are back a bit early. Have not see mosquito hawks just yet. A couple of years ago the grackles did not appear until Mid March. NOAA proclaims the 5th warmest January ever (recorded history) in the US.
The crane flies are already out and about down here. Saw a lot of them today. The azaleas are starting to bloom too.
  • Information