February 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17
Posts: 1452
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Cpv17 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Rain chances are already going down for next Tuesday :(

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm
Rain chances are already going down for next Tuesday :(
Seems to be the case with almost every system since the New Year. Not a huge problem yet, but as heat and evaporation increase through the spring, we’re gonna need more than drizzle and these piddly 1/10” to 1/25” rain events to keep up.

User avatar
Ptarmigan
Statistical Specialist
Statistical Specialist
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Ptarmigan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:15 pm

jasons2k wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:20 pm
Cpv17 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm
Rain chances are already going down for next Tuesday :(
Seems to be the case with almost every system since the New Year. Not a huge problem yet, but as heat and evaporation increase through the spring, we’re gonna need more than drizzle and these piddly 1/10” to 1/25” rain events to keep up.
The Southeastern US has been very wet.

Cromagnum
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Cromagnum » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:16 am

Looks like Houston can flood even when there isn't a cloud in the sky. What a mess.

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Sure is awfully cloudy for a “mostly sunny” day.

Cpv17
Posts: 1452
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Cpv17 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Models are turning a whole lot wetter now, but mainly for areas north of 10.

User avatar
snowman65
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Orange, Tx
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by snowman65 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm
Models are turning a whole lot wetter now, but mainly for areas north of 10.
yay.....more rain. my yard isn't quite soggy enough yet. I'm only sinking 3" when I walk on it. I really like a good 6" sinkage ....whoop whoop....unbelievable.

Cpv17
Posts: 1452
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: February 2020

Post by Cpv17 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:25 pm

snowman65 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm
Cpv17 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm
Models are turning a whole lot wetter now, but mainly for areas north of 10.
yay.....more rain. my yard isn't quite soggy enough yet. I'm only sinking 3" when I walk on it. I really like a good 6" sinkage ....whoop whoop....unbelievable.
Opposite over here.

Post Reply