January 2020: Unsettled WX Week Ahead

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

NWS has me at 45 Tuesday night and then 37 Wednesday night with a 20% of “showers” before the next warmup begins.
jasons2k

NWS home page has the latest drought monitor up. It shows most of us in a moderate drought. That’s surprising to me. The wetlands in our community park/woods area are full of water (and they easily dry out). I don’t see any signs of drought stress, anywhere. In fact, during the rain a few days ago, I almost made a post on the forum to the effect of ‘we’ve had plenty of rain this winter so I’m optimistic the wildflower season will be a colorful one.’ So much for that thought, I guess.
Cromagnum

I cant even walk in my yard without sinking. It will not need to rain for at least a week, maybe two, before I can even put any weedkiller and fertilizer down.
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:43 pm NWS home page has the latest drought monitor up. It shows most of us in a moderate drought. That’s surprising to me. The wetlands in our community park/woods area are full of water (and they easily dry out). I don’t see any signs of drought stress, anywhere. In fact, during the rain a few days ago, I almost made a post on the forum to the effect of ‘we’ve had plenty of rain this winter so I’m optimistic the wildflower season will be a colorful one.’ So much for that thought, I guess.
Most of the rain has been on the light side and hasn’t really accumulated to anything.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

We are saturated across NW Galveston County and areas to the S and SE toward the coast. Another wet week ahead after a beautiful weekend.
Cpv17

Katdaddy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:39 pm We are saturated across NW Galveston County and areas to the S and SE toward the coast. Another wet week ahead after a beautiful weekend.
Here in Wharton County we could use some rain. Also, farmers will be planting corn this month.
Cromagnum

Phil predicted an early spring. Ya think?
Stubblefield

Right. Phil was probably like, you really need my prediction this time? haha
  • Information