November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by Cpv17 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:22 pm

DoctorMu wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:20 pm
After a few days of nice weather - The Dewpoint is in the upper 60s. In late November? YUCK. Had to run a little A/C.

This is one of the changes I've noticed in 28 years in Texas. Never saw DPs near 70°F close to Thanksgiving until the last 5-6 years.
I’m beginning to think it’s a bad sign to see cold weather in early November. I mean, I know it’s probably not, but you get my point lol

User avatar
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2222
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:18 am
Location: League City, Tx
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by Katdaddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:33 pm

This graphic from National Weather Service that said it all this evening with multiple watches and warnings ongoing across the US. An active weather pattern will exist through Thanksgiving weekend. Please travel safely. Its not how soon we get to see family…….its we arrived safely to see family that is the most important.
Attachments
Weather.jpg

Cromagnum
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by Cromagnum » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 pm

This warm muggy weather is pretty garbage for being almost December. Bring back the cold.

cperk
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Richmond
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by cperk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 am

My humidity at 6:09am is 33% WOW !

User avatar
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19081
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: NW Houston FM 1960/SH 6
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by srainhoutx » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 am

We need to keep an eye on Friday into Saturday for the possibility of a few severe storms as a powerful storm system wraps up and moves ENE.
Attachments
day4prob (1).gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

unome
Posts: 2947
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Cypress

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by unome » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 pm

looking at our forecast for 20% chance of rain & preferring to think of 80% chance of sunshine 8-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all & yours

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by jasons2k » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 am

Looks like they took out rain chances for today. I personally think the weather is fantastic. I can sit outside. Enjoy, if you like this kind of non-extreme weather.

User avatar
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19081
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: NW Houston FM 1960/SH 6
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by srainhoutx » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:59 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It will another chilly frosty morning at 3500 ft in the Smokey Mountains this morning. The Storm Prediction Center has outlined a Slight Risk for Severe Thunderstorms for Saturday across portions of the SE Texas and Louisiana Region. A wound up upper low develops Saturday into Sunday across the Ohio Valley ushering in a cold front. The impacts of that upper low and a moist NW flow aloft could bring the first Winter Storm Warning of the season to the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee and Western North Carolina. A new month begins Sunday. Perhaps someone will do the honors of starting a December Topic to take us to the end of 2019!
Attachments
11282019 Day 3 SPC Outlook.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

harp
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 pm
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by harp » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm

The 12Z GFS finally dives some cold air south at the end of it's run.

cperk
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Richmond
Contact:

Re: November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

Post by cperk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Happy Thanks giving to all forum members and their families.

Post Reply