November 2019: Thanksgiving Outlook

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

DoctorMu wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:20 pm After a few days of nice weather - The Dewpoint is in the upper 60s. In late November? YUCK. Had to run a little A/C.

This is one of the changes I've noticed in 28 years in Texas. Never saw DPs near 70°F close to Thanksgiving until the last 5-6 years.
I’m beginning to think it’s a bad sign to see cold weather in early November. I mean, I know it’s probably not, but you get my point lol
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This graphic from National Weather Service that said it all this evening with multiple watches and warnings ongoing across the US. An active weather pattern will exist through Thanksgiving weekend. Please travel safely. Its not how soon we get to see family…….its we arrived safely to see family that is the most important.
Attachments
Weather.jpg
Cromagnum

This warm muggy weather is pretty garbage for being almost December. Bring back the cold.
cperk

My humidity at 6:09am is 33% WOW !
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

We need to keep an eye on Friday into Saturday for the possibility of a few severe storms as a powerful storm system wraps up and moves ENE.
Attachments
day4prob (1).gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
unome

looking at our forecast for 20% chance of rain & preferring to think of 80% chance of sunshine 8-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all & yours
jasons2k

Looks like they took out rain chances for today. I personally think the weather is fantastic. I can sit outside. Enjoy, if you like this kind of non-extreme weather.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It will another chilly frosty morning at 3500 ft in the Smokey Mountains this morning. The Storm Prediction Center has outlined a Slight Risk for Severe Thunderstorms for Saturday across portions of the SE Texas and Louisiana Region. A wound up upper low develops Saturday into Sunday across the Ohio Valley ushering in a cold front. The impacts of that upper low and a moist NW flow aloft could bring the first Winter Storm Warning of the season to the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee and Western North Carolina. A new month begins Sunday. Perhaps someone will do the honors of starting a December Topic to take us to the end of 2019!
Attachments
11282019 Day 3 SPC Outlook.gif
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
harp

The 12Z GFS finally dives some cold air south at the end of it's run.
cperk

Happy Thanks giving to all forum members and their families.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Some good news. The severe weather threat for the Houston-Galveston area tomorrow continues to shift NE. Only a marginal risk now for areas just N and NE of Houston metro. The cold front will push across SE TX tomorrow evening resulting in beautiful cooler and drier weather that will last through much of the 1st week of December. For now enjoy this cloudy, very warm, and muggy afternoon with a light shower or sprinkles possible.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 12.14.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 12.14.38 PM.png (17.96 KiB) Viewed 8333 times
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Get ready for the sun to shine this evening as radar continues to shift any light showers off to the NE with clearing moving in from the SW.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 4.11.39 PM.png
DoctorMu

We got some sun and 86°F with a 71°F dewpoint before the frontal passage. Mosquitos were feasting in the yard despite bathing in repellent.

Part of the reason we need a few freezes and patches of prolonged cool/cold weather in the Brazos Valley...just to keep mosquitoes, fire ants, wasps from taking back the neighborhood!
  • Information