October: Chilly Halloween Outlook

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
snowman65

it's official...I literally hate living in this area now. you can't even make plans anymore. With the permanent climate change we are in the midst of and knowing it's only going to get worse in the coming years will Mae it unbearable. can't wait to move away....far away....ughhh
jasons2k

I received 1.33” at my place. We are in a good pattern now, getting some needed rainfall about once a week. It looks like a beautiful weekend ahead - enjoy!
Cpv17

snowman65 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:47 am it's official...I literally hate living in this area now. you can't even make plans anymore. With the permanent climate change we are in the midst of and knowing it's only going to get worse in the coming years will Mae it unbearable. can't wait to move away....far away....ughhh
Well sir you do live in the Golden Triangle correct? You are aware that’s the wettest region in Texas? It’s close to Louisiana so that makes sense.
DoctorMu

1.11 in at Easterwood last night. Have not had a chance to look at the home rain gauge yet. But there was a LOT of rain after 11 pm.

Enjoying the brisk weather. Chamber of Commerce weather Saturday through Monday.

Latest GFS and Ensemble models have near frosty conditions Halloween night (mid 30s). Our last frosty (≤32°F) night on Halloween was in 1993, when we sunk to a record 30°F.
djmike

Over 3” today. 3” on Monday. Over 6” in one week. Im ready for the beautiful sunny gorgeous cool days!
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
jasons2k

That wind was chilly today. My extremities are still thawing-out. I’m looking forward to some sun and a less windy weekend.
snowman65

this will be a TS before landfall....crazy.....living in a different world now.
Cromagnum

snowman65 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:47 am it's official...I literally hate living in this area now. you can't even make plans anymore. With the permanent climate change we are in the midst of and knowing it's only going to get worse in the coming years will Mae it unbearable. can't wait to move away....far away....ughhh
Meh, there is no "permanent climate change". SE Texas weather always has and always will suck.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clouds should clear out by the afternoon and temperatures rebound ahead of the next weather maker for Region which arrives late Tuesday. A cold front looks to stall somewhere over the Southern half of Texas Tuesday as a very powerful Winter Storm wraps up over the Southern Rockies/Southern/Central Plains mid week sending the strongest cold front of the Fall Season across Texas.

A series of disturbances look to keep an active weather week ahead as periods of snow, some of it heavy at times impacts the Rockies into the Northern/Central Plains. Early next week a very deep upper trough drops out of Canada into the Intermountian West and the Plains where we will see a cold core closed off upper low organize and a deepening surface low develop along the leeside of the Southern Rockies. This storm system looks like it will lay down a blanket of snow over the course of 2 to 3 days insolating the ground. That snow cover may have some significant impacts on our temperatures for Thursday and Friday around SE Texas. The GFS and the ECMWF are in agreement regarding the upper low with this next storm system, but the GFS is about 12 hours faster with the arrival of the modified Canadian Cold front. Rainfall amounts do not look that heavy at this time, but caution is advised beyond 3 days regarding our sensible weather forecast. Halloween looks chilly and possibly breezy, depending on the arrival of that strong cold front. For our gardeners, we may flirt with our first frost of the season next Friday morning away from the Urban areas, if the clouds clear out and the wind drops to calm.

To all that commented on my upcoming move, I appreciate all the kind words. My partner headed East yesterday pulling a 20ft Toy Hauler filled to the gills with furniture/boxes. It was a tough driving day on I-10 with the rain, heavy at times and Olga moisture streaming along the cold front. Our mover dropped by for the final survey and measurements of furniture in our Houston home prior to their arrival. Time is truly short here in SE Texas now. Likely a couple of weeks at most. Closing dates should be finalized this coming week. Perhaps someone will do us the honor of starting a November Topic. Time Marches On!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Texaspirate11

3.0 inches of rain - YAY!
A bit brisk but I'll take one day of winter thank you :-)
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
  • Information