October: Chilly Halloween Outlook

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cromagnum

Astros sunrise with bonus orange crepuscular rays.

srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWS Houston‏Verified account @NWSHouston · 2m2 minutes ago

A Freeze Warning has been issued for tomorrow from 2AM to 9AM for Houston, Trinity, Madison, Walker, Burleson, Brazos, Washington & Grimes counties.

Temperatures will drop to or just below freezing potentially killing sensitive vegetation and damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.

Attachments
10312019 HGX Freeze EIN9jUdXkAIHHCg.png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
BlueJay

141 days until spring. :D

In the meantime, Happy Halloween everyone and Stay Warm!
jasons2k

The freeze warning now includes Montgomery County.

They really should issue a frost advisory further south. Frost can actually be more damaging to sensitive plants than a light freeze.
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:11 pm The freeze warning now includes Montgomery County.

They really should issue a frost advisory further south. Frost can actually be more damaging to sensitive plants than a light freeze.

That reminds me - as you know in Florida, orange farmers will cover the trees with water so that cooling freezes the water and thus protects the tree from frost-related damage.
DoctorMu

Canadian and GFS models have another potent cold front around Nov 8/9.
jasons2k

DoctorMu wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 pm
jasons2k wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:11 pm The freeze warning now includes Montgomery County.

That reminds me - as you know in Florida, orange farmers will cover the trees with water so that cooling freezes the water and thus protects the tree from frost-related damage.
Yes, they do. And the NWS offices down there are super-vigilant about frost and freeze advisories. But it’s necessary down there so maybe I am spoiled.

You know, since the wind went calm, trick-or-treating with the kids was just fine. The glass (couple) of wine helped too ;) Happy Halloween everyone!!
Kingwood36

Frost on roof tops and car hoods in kingwood and in freeport..i live in kingwood but had to stay the night in freeport for work..ya that frost advisory should of been further south
snowman65

frost/ice on our vehicles here in Orange this morning
Johnsonpag

Frost on the roofs here too. Can't say that I mind. It looks nice. haha
  • Information